Is JLaudio "cleansweep" the only device on the market of its kind?

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Scottsdale, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 112
Because, I would like to check out other options before purchasing that thing. I've got the impression that it will really help my system, but the more I consider it, the more skeptical I become. Just wondered if anybody else out there offered a similar device and if so, who?

Thanks again as always

(To be honest, I purchased a pre amp equalizer, but I don't even know what it does!!! lol
Should I just use that? Probably apples and oranges, huh?)

thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 397
http://mobileaudiocontrol.com/Article_detail.asp?id=224&Section_Id=184
this is one is by audiocontrol. i believe there is one more, but i can't remember where i saw it.

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 991
There are also a few out by BBE-I think they're called sonic maximizers-they sound all right.

Silver Member

Post Number: 113
thanks, you guys!!!
I was still wondering... is this what I really need for my factory stereo to sound proper, or can I just use my preamp equalizer to accomplish the same result?

you see, when i put my factory stereo past 1/2 way (with or without my new sub and amp) the bass looses its good quality, and it seems like it's traded for loudness instead. It's a dolby stock for a 2000 Mustang convertible.
What do you all recommend?
Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 204
Hmmm, how are you supplying the signal to the amp with your factory head unit. It sounds like you do definately need some type of equilizer and more importantly a line driver. This will boost the signal voltage to your amp.

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 448
i'm sorry, so y don't u want a new hu again?

Silver Member
Username: Lowdose

St. Louis, Mo

Post Number: 145
Here is this one on ebay I just found its not the JL device but its the Audio Control version may work too. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D5790948733&category=14931 %26

Silver Member

Post Number: 118
thanks lowdose, but it's been sold already!
and to answer the question above...
i can't change the HU because I wanna use the cd player the mustang came with, plus i'm installing everything myself and all that wiring and $hit just ain't worth messing with. All I'm looking for is a quick alternative to make the stereo produce optimal audio to my amp.

Maybe there's other options I don't know of... do you?

Thanks.

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 559
sweet. the only reason i asked was b/c i believe these devices are like 400.00 (could be off though). i got my top notch alpine 9835 for like 350.00 (options and all).
changing the hu isn't nearly as difficult as u might think. i remember my first install. i was completely shocked. it's just connecting the red wire to the red wire and the blue one to the.. its all color coded.
i understand how the cleansweep and the others might be geared towards those newer cars (your stang might b one of them) with a dashboard w/two knobs sticking out (no one din sized unit). but just speaking on options is all.

Silver Member

Post Number: 120
So hey, you wanna give me some one on one advise until I get my $hit hooked up nice?

I've had alot of help here from glasswolf, joesmoe, mixneffect, sean, etc...
I just feel stupid to continue asking them for help. You know?

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 561
it's all good. imo, that's what the forum is here for.

Silver Member

Post Number: 133
Right on, my man!!! Ok, I would tell you to IM me, but are we allowed to do that?

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 687
Yeah, people do it all of the time. You can even put it in your profile if you want to.

Silver Member

Post Number: 135
you both get my private message?
I'm afraid some people will start phukin with me or sending viruses or something.
lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 136
Hey, mikechec9:
Phuk the IM idea!!! Here's my situation if you still wanna help...
I have a 2000 Ford Mustang convertible with a stock dolby stereo. I have a line converter hooked up leading the RCA's to a Digital Audio class D mono amp running 900 watts @ 1 ohm. What I need now is a damn good 12" sub with a relatively small sealed enclosure requirement. (if it's 1 cubic ft - that's PERFECT!) Anyway, I
want an sq sub, but the more spl the better. Apparently an sql sub might be the right term??? So, the Brahma doesn't have enough power handling, neither does the atlas, or the avalanche. The RE sx requires too big of a box, Digital Designs looks like they all require ported boxes (too big)... these are some of the problems I've encountered.
Can you make any suggestions? I really appreciate it and all your input is very valuable to me!
Also, ever heard of Digital Audio amplifiers before? I've never heard or seen anyone EVER mention the name. (p.s. is .05% total harmonic distortion (THD) good, average, or bad?)

THANK YOU!!!

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 570
no, i havn't heard of that amp. i responded to your situation in the post above.

Silver Member
Username: Justintoxicated

Post Number: 107
Sorry if these were already mentioned but also checkout the AudioControl LC6, and Alto Mobile UI-4.

THe Alto Mobile is cool because it also provides the remote wire for your amp, I think you have to wire it to something else with the LC6,

They are not exactly the sae as the cleansweep but might be good alternatives.

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 230
sean, Infinity Kappa Perfect 12dvq is a sq sub that gets fairly loud and the recommended sealed volume is 1 cubic ft. It only takes 400 rms though. It sounds like your amp will put that out a 2 ohms easily. Also look at IDMAX, they can take the full 900 watts if you get the dual 2 ohm vc version and will work in sealed boxes just over 1 cubic ft.

Silver Member

Post Number: 147
thanks, everyone. I guess I'll let you all know how it goes.

Lastly:
would I be very unwise to just leave the HU and RCA converter just the way they are? I have a preamp equalizer, but if I hook it up, will I be able to achieve a better sound curve for the amp?

Scubasteve, thanks for the input... I'm gonna check them out right now! Although, 400 rms isn't even close, it never hurts to look
(I have my heart set on 1ohm 900 watts)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us