Big amp problem

Silver Member
Username: Msully701

Connecticut US

Post Number: 210
ok, heres the story. I have perfect infinity kappa 6.1s in my side doors, hooked up to a kicker kx350.2. all of a sudden the right side speaker stopped working. checked out the connections and everything was ok but still wasnt working. I tried to connect the right side speaker into the left side on the amp to see if the right side on the amp is broken. sure enough the right door speaker worked when I put it to the other side on the amp. so I came to the conclusion that the right side on the amp was broken. so then I bought a kx200.2 to try on my kappas and I have the same problem, the right speaker wouldnt work and when I changed it to the left side on the amp it worked... what problem could this be? I mean I had a kx350.2 running to them and they worked fine and then it broke. then I took my kx200.2 that I was ganna use for my bass shakers and the right side on that one also didnt work. so I returned it and he gave me my money back but he said the amp worked fine... so after returning the kx200.2 I bought another kx200.2 AND THE SAME F(_)CKING thing happened. 3 new amps, same problem im starting to think its not the amps anyone know what could be the problem? im really sick of returning and buying amps I just wanna bump my music im going nuts without music in my car lol

Silver Member

Connecticut US

Post Number: 211
can anyone help?

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 183
so you don't get any output from the right channel on any amp you test. Hmmmmm, thats tough, when you bring the amp back, ask him to bench test it in front of you because this smells like a conspiracy to me.

Silver Member

Connecticut US

Post Number: 212
I bought it all off ebay, there "new" though in the box and I can return them without a problem, 3 amps and same problem im just really lost on this one, all the wiring is correct. im not an idiot either just cant figure this one out.

Bronze Member
Username: Winn

Santa Ana, California US

Post Number: 72
check the settings on your HU .. The Fader mighbe set to the Left.

Bronze Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 33
Also - try plugging your left channel RCA into your right channel slot, then see if it works? It might be the RCA wire if it's pinched, or perhaps shorted. Also, maybe your head unit is damaged. If the left channel RCA makes the right channel play, then if nothing else, you can just get a splitter and run it all off the left channel.

Anonymous

sounds like a problem i had. Dry connection. So i sprayed the RCA terminals and the amp's L & R RCA connection with contact cleaner. Push and pull the RCA in and out a coupla times and now all works.

Hope it works for u if not Seth is right it could be your HU's RCA prob. ( I was that close to ripping the HU off). lol But I don't think u should come close to that.

Anyway the above remedy works for me but it might or might not work for u. Give it a go, cost zilch.

Silver Member

Connecticut US

Post Number: 215
Im pretty sure its not the rca's , I had them connected correctly before hand, what I did was I took the two amps (kx350.2/kx200.2) and since only 1 side works on them I hooked each speaker into one and ran a rca splitter for both amps. this is only temporary so I can listen to music and now both speakers work, im still leaning towards the amp is messed up. ill try the rca switching. thanks for the help guys and if anyone has anything else to add please do. ill try anything otherwise im returning yet another amp and will buy another. im sure after the 4th amp if it doesnt work then its gotta be something else

Silver Member

Connecticut US

Post Number: 216
ok, I didnt even think it could be the rca cable. so I just switched the rca's on my sub amp with the other rca's I have going to my components. sure enough when I turned the music on the subs barerly moved I had to touch them and I felt a little vibration on my hand. does this mean my rca's are toast?

Silver Member

Connecticut US

Post Number: 217
ok correction, I put the rca into the output instead of the input, I changed it and it still wasnt the same, 1 of the sides on the rca cable is messed up, thanks guys for all the imput
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us