Audio pipe PDC-1212

Username: Madvette74

Post Number: 1
I just got the audio pipe PDC-1212(power block) and a power accustics compacitor.. how in the world do I hook it up? there are no instructions to the power block..

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 177
Alright, you really should read up on amp installation if you're going to do it yourself. Crutchfield has some decent guides. But this is a brief overview of what you have to do: Run a power wire from your positive battery terminal to the input of your capacitor. Ground the Capacitor. Run a power wire from the capacitor to the amp. Ground the AMP. Run a remote turn on wire and RCA signal cables from your head unit to the amp. Run speaker wires from the amps output to your speakers. But read as many guides as you can before you start.

Post Number: 2
yes, I got that part down, but this power block has a fuse holder and a power block, how would I hook this up? one end of the fuse holder has one conector, the other end has 2, on the power block there is 1 conector at one end and 2 at the other. check the pic out http://img1.picsplace.to/img1/172/DSC01675.JPG

Silver Member

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 186
ahh alright, the "power block" looks like a fused distribution block and a ground distribution block combined. (check me on that guys) You won't need that unless you're powering multiple amp. The reason it has 2 outputs is that this enables you to split power to two fused outputs, for 2 individual amp. It only has one one input because thats for your main power input from your battery (+) terminal. The other side of that power block looks like a ground distribution block. Same as the the other side, just the current flows the other direction and its not fused. Let me know a little bit more about your setup and I (and the rest of us) can give you some help.

Post Number: 3
hey steve. I hooked it up as you can see. my problem I am having now is that I dont see a rem for the compacitor. so it always stays on, the directions say it has one, IN THE CENTER of the neg and pos cables but it's not there.. what can I do to have this turn on only when the sterio is on... [img]http://img1.picsplace.to/img1/172/DSC01677.JPG[/img] [img]http://img1.picsplace.to/img1/172/DSC01679.JPG[/img]

Post Number: 4
I recieved this e-mail from the seller of the power block (instructions for what, its a distribution block, the power wire goes into
the fused block, and the ground goes into the solid block) does this sound right, if so I would have it hooked up wrong..

Silver Member

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 187
yep, it looks like you wired it so that the fused output goes into your main ground output on the ground distribution block. How it should be is that your fused output goes into the capacitor, the capacitor ground goes into one of your two ground inputs, (the second ground input is for your amp ground) The side that only has one terminal is where you connect the block to your chassis ground via an accessable bolt somehwere. The (+) terminal of your capacitor feeds your amp (+). If you're having a hard time visualizing this, look at this diagram: http://www.precisionautosound.net/capacitors.html

This is how it should work out, although yours will look a little bit different because you have 2 (+) terminals on the capacitor, but its the same thing.

Post Number: 5
ok, I got it hooked up right I believe.. but the compacitor will stay, is there a way I can hook this up to turn on when my amp turns on?
[img]http://img1.picsplace.to/img1/174/DSC01680.JPG[/img]

Silver Member

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 192
hold up, where do you have your amp grounded to? I only see one wire coming into the ground distribution block when there should be 2. One for the amp and one for the capacitor. As for the remote turn on, is the display on the capacitor on? That will use basically no energy so as long as you don't leave the car sitting for years between use, you should be fine.

Post Number: 6
I have the neg wire from the block to the compacitor, and from the compacitor to the amp. there are 2 outlets for negative on the compacitor

Silver Member

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 195
Oh, you should be fine then, so have you put it in your car yet?

Post Number: 7
hi steve.. not yet, waitng on a pair of 12" JL audio speakers.. this speaker box was a pain to make.. I also need to add 3/4" tall ( 6" diameter circle board) small platform for the box. I want to give it a little space of the trunk floor.. I also checked on the compacitor, it automatically shut of in 5 min, if there's no power drain..

Silver Member

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 198
oh alright, thats good about the cap. Post some pics when it's in, i'd love to see it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us