Hifonics Amps

Username: Cklukas

Coeur d'Alene, ID USA

Post Number: 3
Is Hifonics a good and reliable brand with good quality? I found a really good deal on the BX2005D Brutus. It seems to have pretty good numbers.
I want to hook up four Audiobahn 10" subs or four Alpine Type-X 10" subs to two of these Hifonics amps. Each of these subs is rated at 1000 RMS watts and each amp is rated at 2000x1 RMS watts.

Is this a very good setup? I am kind of new to this.

Silver Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 278
haha well the audiobahn and the type x are totally non-comparable, if you give us an overall budget(for amp/sub/box/kit/HU) we can usually give you a better set up for the same price

as far as hifonics amps, there not the best, they're better then pyramid/legacy/pyle/compaines like that but MTX/JBL/RF and tons other amps will be better

like i said give us an overall budget and we'll hook you up

Coeur d'Alene, ID USA

Post Number: 9
Is the Alpine that much better? Are they pretty good subs. I am planning on buying the JVC KD-AVX1. It is supposed to be a pretty good head unit. It is $450. For the amps, subs, and accessories I am planning on spending around $2000-$2500. Sonic Electronix.com has some very good prices.

The install will be in an 1995 extended cab full size Chevy pickup. Space is not a factor because I might put the system in the bed. I just want a powerful and clean system. Where the components will be located will be decided after I have them.

As for the box and install, I am going to try that myself. If this does not work I will then go from there professionally. Thanks for your help.

Silver Member

Post Number: 284
so that 2,000 your going to want to upgrade your alt,battery, stuff like that too

as for that set up, you can easily do better, and does it have to be 4 subs? beacause you could get 2 AWESOME 15"s or somthing like that, but if you want to go with 4 subs i understand because the installs usually look sweet

Silver Member

Post Number: 285
i would say get some of these-http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D5789771050&category=18803 %26%26
and that Deck(JVC)never seen it or heard of it but have had JVC decks and they don't perform all that well, i would say look into another deck

Silver Member
Username: Jb502

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 111
alpine type x's are awesome a better amp though. I have an alpine mrd-m1005, but you would need four of them, at 550 each. would be worth it though. just don't get the hifonics, if will make your awesome subs, sound not so awesome, it prolly doesn't put out a true 2000 watts.

Bronze Member

Coeur d'Alene, ID USA

Post Number: 13
I would like to have 4 10 or 12 inchers. I am planning on buying an Optima yellow top. Is one enough? If I put this in the bed of the truck and kept my existing battery up front, would I still need to upgrade my alternator? If so, then I will. Money is a factor but not a limiter.

The JVC deck is http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?i=257KDAVX1. It seems pretty good, but your thoughts are appreciated.

I am planning on buying only 2 amps because 4 gets very spendy. Any thoughts on which ones would work well with the Type X's.

Bronze Member
Username: Rovin

Post Number: 41
JVC is for beginners . Buy a Premier cd/mp3 deck like a P860MP i'm planning to get very soon (about $340).
I myself was looking at that Bx2005D . I ran a thread on this furum asking 'why people don't like Hifonics' & got a 50/50 feedback , but because its economy priced i'm still gonna try it .
Guys on this forum ALWAYS will rec. a HO alt. to power your equipment ..........
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us