Dual XD6200 AM/FM/CD

Username: Jlswartz

Post Number: 1
My Dual XD6200 will accept but not play CD's, displays "ERROR 09". The unit is in a recently-purchased auto, everything else seems to work but I do not have an owner's manual for the XD6200... What does "ERROR 09" signify? jlswartz

Silver Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 276
is it a buned cd? or maybe too many scratches on the cd, if it's none of those i would say your cd player is broke then, again i don't kno too much about HU's but i don know some decks don't play burned/or ones that are too scratched up

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 964
I'm not sure. You can try resetting the unit if that is possible. If that doesn't work, it would be best to just buy a new unit as the XD6200 wouldn't be economical to repair.

Unregistered guest
I have the same XD6200 by Dual and it says on the front that it does play CD-R's (CD-R Compatable) but I get the same "ER09" on the display when I try to play a burned CD (MP3's). I tried different brands of blank CD-R's (Memorex, Sony, Maxell,etc), with the same result. Maybe a disc cleaner? The HU was a used unit.

Bronze Member
Username: Ehostler

VA

Post Number: 54
As usual, the manual can be downloaded from the manufactirers website.
http://www.dualav.com/product_individual.php?main=2&id=391

Bronze Member
Username: Cowtipper

Post Number: 15
is it mp3 cds you are try to play? if so then you have to have a HU that plays mp3s (or WMA they ussaly go together) if you dont have a Hu that is capable of doing then you must burn regular cd's, many programs do this, windows media player does this, it first converts the mp3s to .wav and then burns them, and then (this is important) it closes the disk, so no more info can be burned to the disk.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us