Sub question plz help glass or isaac or anyone else

Silver Member
Username: Perrydog

Flint, Michigan USA

Post Number: 122
ok i am gonna hook put my subs at 1 ohm stable but my amp will over power them by 50 watt's each sub, is there a way i can stop the overpowering (like turning the power on the amp down) or will 50 watts really not hurt my subs that much?

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 344
Ok, first of all, why do you ask help from Isaac and Glasswolf? There's many more people on here, and those two are busy as hell. And no, overpowering won't hurt them, as long as you don't over do it. A sub may say it handles a lot, but it's also dependant on how clean the power is, and what type of enclosure. Just keep it turned down below the point of distortion.

Also, what kind of amp/sub setup is it?

Silver Member
Username: Perrydog

Flint, Michigan USA

Post Number: 123
i ask them cuz usually they answer the fastest, also if u look it says "or anyone else", i got KAC 9152D amp(gonna have 2 soon) and then i have 8 KFC W3005's i am runnin 4 of the 12's to one amp at 1 ohm stable then the other 4 to the other amp at 1 ohm stable (i like kenwood alot, thats all i am running right now) and thanks jake i will make sure i put u in my topics for help now on also

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 353
ROFL! I cruise the forums every night. Right now the neighbors dog has me awake, and I can't get back to sleep. I'm ready to kill someone, I had one HELL of a day! And I usually overpower my subs, just to keep the amp from working too hard. And I've always liked the look of Kenwood stuff. Maybe it's time to look into them? LOL!

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3163
Keep the gains turned down and you'll be fine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us