Loudness?!?!?!

Username: Eremenow

Post Number: 1
just yesterday i had finally bought all the parts i needed to run my system( jbl gto 75.2 & jbl gto1200b and a 40A power supply for my room)

basically i want run this from my computer and connected it all up and it works but it aint very loud , could it be cos i dont have a proper sound card, at the moment its connected to the onboard audio port(maybe not enogh volts). or would a preamp sort it not that i no what it is lol

thanks guys 4 any help

Anonymous

You could try a linedriver for the RCA voltage may help.

Post Number: 2
but i dont know if its the voltage problem could it be

Post Number: 3
but i dont know if its the voltage problem could it be

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3139
You should find out how many volts the sound card puts out, that could make a difference. Also, what's the total amp ratings on your jlb amp? A 40 amp power supply sounds very very small for an amp that pulls 1200 watts. I don't know if that's what your amp is rated for, I'm just guessing by the name.

Post Number: 4
the sub is 250 watt rms and the amp 290 watts rms wired in 4 ohms bridged

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3141
Ok, nevermind then, 40 amps should be just right.

Post Number: 5
yea i though cos 250+290=540divied by 13.8v =39Amp

Post Number: 6
and increasing the input sensitivety makes the sub go considerabley louder but the fuking thing distorts lol

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 345
The wattage of the sub means nothing, it draws power off the amp, which draws power off the power supply. So to figure how big the PS needs to be, you take the watts of the amp, and divide it by the voltage the PS puts out. Most are 13.8 regulated, but you have to be careful. So you only need 21~ amps. Just my .02...

Post Number: 8
yes on my psu i bought i can choose 13.8 continues volts or i can variate between 3-15v.. in that case jake 40A continues from the psu is plenty

Silver Member

Post Number: 361
I wasn't saying it wasn't enough. Just saying you have plenty of room to play with! I have a 23 amp for my Ham Radio, but it's a good brand and is highly underrated. I've gone in and changed some components, and it'll run up to about 45 amps now. I just wish it had meters built in and had variable power...

Post Number: 9
orite ok, because some one said to me before that it wouldn't be enogh so i thought you were saying that lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 367
Lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us