Quick questions...

Username: Bu47db

Post Number: 3
any informed compariosons between the brahma and the xx x at the 12" and 15" sizes? where can i find some info on the xx x online? how much power to feed each, and do 15's really distort that much more than 12's? thanks

Bronze Member
Username: 350_blaze

Post Number: 19
Well robert i'm in the same situation. I've been researching for about two weeks now.Termpro.com has some stuff under subs and enclousures forum.If you do a google search you can find stuff about both brands. The mark 1 brahmas where supposed to have problems but the brahma mark 2 are supposed to have this cleared up. The triple x has been a hard sub to find reviews or, even dealers for.The brahmas on the other hand are plentiful with reviews.I can't even get the r.e. site to do anything. There is a review on both subs however, by the same place. [google will help you find this].The brahma seemed to get a better review for sq. But the triple x may get a little louder. Both are supposed to be great subs. I'm going with the brahma's, 2 12" in a loaded package from powered4sound.com.And 15's compared to 12's the 15's get louder and are a little bit slower in reproducing music. the 12's are bit quicker.Sub's are only going to distort if A]. there crappy subs. B]. if there getting too much power. I'm not a expert by far but, I've had at least 10 systems in various vehicles.Tough descision isn't though? With what they cost you don't want to make a mistake!I've found to go with the brand that you believe in.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 307
i dont remember what the RE site is but ill find it sometime..

and by the quickness of those subs, its only by like quarter of a second or less in most cases - pending on what make/model it is

with brahmas, you will most likely not hear a difference because they are SPL/SQ combo subs and ive heard both with various types of music and not heard much difference between the two kinds - both in ported boxes

as far as distortion goes, a box thats the wrong size or tuning frequency for ported boxes can cause distortion and so can alot of other factors....amp clipping, bad connections, too LITTLE power in some cases

one last thing, a X-X-X is mostly an SPL sub and doesnt go very far with SQ just letting you know that

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 308
www.respl.com

there we go

Username: Bu47db

Post Number: 4
thanks for your help guys

Anonymous

I have 2 400W max subs and 2 300W Jenson AMPS (Bridged 400W). I just bought 2 more subs, both 500W max. I was just wondering if I could hook all 4 into the 2 AMPS?

Tim L.
Unregistered guest
the contributions of 350 n bacon above are accurate..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us