Which deck should I get?

Bronze Member
Username: Nocc1n

Louisa, VA US

Post Number: 16
Alright i'm lookin for a new deck for my car, i've got a sony xplod deck from like 3 years ago right now lol. I want something with a lot of features...
I was looking at;

Panasonic CQ-C9801U
Eclipse CD8455
Alpine CDA-9855
Pioneer DEH-P80MP
Clarion ProAudio DXZ755MC
and Kenwood EZ700SR

Which would be the best? Well sound the best and get the loudest with the best options...?

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 950
My preference would be the Clarion due to sound quality and reliability. Feature-wise the Panasonic and Pioneer are pretty competitive. I wouldn't recommend the Kenwood.

I can't say much about Eclipse because I haven't owned many of their decks and Alpine's recalls have been enough to not make me want a new headunit of theirs...

grease
Unregistered guest
Eclipse CD8455
Alpine CDA-9855
Pioneer DEH-P80MP
Clarion ProAudio DXZ755MC

Forget the last two. The Alpine i have heard and it has good sound. The Pioneer is highly recommended too, look on ebay for bargains

Bronze Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Watauga, TX United States

Post Number: 24
Eclipse all the way that thing is sick!Plus it looks great and performs even better!!!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 460
If you plan on using an amp for your speakers, don't get the pioneer P8mp. A lot of what you're paying for goes into the novelty of the 60W peak output. My current speakers can only handle 30W RMS and I needed a new HU so I got it to kill 2 birds with one stone and I've been happy with it so far.

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 719
pioneers are great HU's, they are reliable and sound incredible IMO. if anything you should get it b/c it wont have to work as hard to power your speakers if you don't plan on getting an external amp. and if you do, then more power to ya with your more powerful HU:-)

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 828
You should've included the Pioneer 860MP. Hands down the best deck I have ever owned.

Bronze Member
Username: Jundi

Post Number: 14
To tell you the truth man try and find an alpine cda 9835 it's last year's model. It does everything the alpine 9855 does but it runs more power (26 watts rms) its a "go" deck not a "show" deck doest have any fancy colours or features that look pretty and flashy. crap you dont need it has everthing you need to make your car sound amazing and it doesnt have the little glide touch bar thing the 9855 has. In my opinon that thing is uselees it does nothing to help you scroll through the features faster and the 9855 only runs 18 watts rms. And plus if you could find the 9835 it gonna be like halp the price cause its last years model.

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 199
Pioneer Premier DEH-P860

Thats what i'm getting soon too .

$309 www.electronicgiant.com

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2105
Pioneer Premier DEH-P860 is the way to go. Im suppose to recieve mine tommorow in the mail. I paid $309 plus shipping at www.electronicgiant.com also. Cheapest Price i found for it and you get a 90 day warranty.

Silver Member
Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 172
Hey everyone. I just got my DEH-P860MP today and i must say that it is a fantastic deck. However, i got a feeling that had i gotten a good EQ for my Nakamichi CD-400 it might be even better. Oh well, i guess i will never know.

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 836
Firas, the 860MP is a go and show deck. It replaced my stolen 9813 and there is no looking back.

On another note, Rovin and MO, are you guys getting paid by electronicgiant to advertise? You should be.

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 206
Heh heh - MO is the 1 that showed me EG had that deck $309 as i was about to buy it elseware $329 . Still haven't gotten around buying it as yet !

There were quite a few threads last wk with ppl wanting to get the 860 & were willing to spend $330 & much more - so thats y we both had 'a duty to spread the good word around '. This time i beat MO to the punch by posting on this thread 1st -lol

Everywhere i read on this forum & on CAC forum too - it seems that this 860 is now the most popular deck amout audiophiles .

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 841
Yeah. People are getting tired of Alpine. And I have always found it easier to use a Pioneer than an Alpine.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2111
I just got my Pioneer Premier 860 today and it is a very nice looking unit. I will have it installed and ready to go tommorow so i will come back with a post on that one. Again EG has the best price on it anywhere and they have great service. Only thing i guess thats bad is that you wont get the 2 year warranty thru Pioneer since EG is not a authorized dealer.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us