Wiring dilema

Silver Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 264
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp?WoofQty=2+woofers&WoofImp =Dual+Voice+Coil+-+4+ohms+x+2&image.x=4&image.y=7&image=Submit

now when i wire my subs like that^(the 4ohm load) on my subs one RED clip has a dot and so does one black clip, but the other red/black clips don't- first of all why do 2 of my 4 wiring clips have white dots on them(they're DVC so are they too the differen't voice coils)? and when i wire my subs like that does it matter which way i hook them up or not

Silver Member

Post Number: 266
man i read that and it sounds so confusing but i have no other way to put it, forget it and i'll go to a local pro and ask him

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8090
If your subs each have 4 terminals (two pos, two neg) they are dual voice coil (DVC) subs. yes.
If they are DVC subs, the pos and neg terminals with the dot are one coil, and the pair of terminals without the dots are your second coil.
with a sub that has dual 4 ohm coils, you'll end up with a single 2 ohm, or single 8 ohm load after wiring the coils in parallel, or series respectively.

do you have one sub or two, and is the amplifier a mono amp or two channel?
how low of a load does it support? 2 ohms (stereo)?

Username: Ohwolfie

Atlanta, Ga. Not really

Post Number: 1
I need help wiring speakers (as if that's new here). I have four DVC 4-ohm Audiofonic (ADF-272; 600rms/1200peak) 12 inch woofers, an Autotek MX-1500 amplifier, and a problem wiring them. How in the heck do I wire these speakers? The Autotek MX-1500 is 1ohm stable

Anonymous

Here is a calculator you can use http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp

Silver Member

Post Number: 272
well i have 2 dvc subs and according to RF wiring wizard i would either have a 1ohm load or a 4ohm load, so im getting a mtx942.2(which is 940w@14.4/700w@12v) wired in a 4ohm load

* 235 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
* 470 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms
* 940 watts RMS x 1 bridged output at 4

* stereo or bridged mono output
* 4-ohm stable in bridged mode
* Tri-Way capable
* requires 4-gauge power and ground leads plus a 150-amp fuse and fuse holder - wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
* PWM MOSFET switching power supply
* Intelligent Surface Mount Technology for cleaner sound and greater reliability
* variable (40-200 Hz) high-pass/low-pass crossovers (12 dB/octave in high-pass mode, 24 dB/octave in low-pass mode)
* ThunderEQ Bass Enhancement (0-18 dB bass boost at 40 Hz)
* preamp outputs
* 17-13/16"W x 2-1/8"H x 9-3/4"D

so will 2 DVC 4ohm subs make the 4ohm load i need?

and how do i wire it

Silver Member

Post Number: 293
i think i figured it out but if someone could post to confirm that i can get a 4ohm load it would be nice

Username: Brynm

Prince Albert, SK Canada

Post Number: 10
too see what loads you can hook up just check Rockford fosgate's web site at http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp? you can enter what subs you have and it will give you all your options

Silver Member

Post Number: 300
thanks bryn, Glass just knocked me off course when he said 2ohm load or 8ohm load but i THINK he was talking about just 1 dvc sub, so i'll take RF wiring wizards word for it and wire my subs like that

Thanks for the help guys

Username: Raffy

Wisconsin dells, Wisconsin Usa

Post Number: 6
Can anyone tell me as detailed as possible how to hook up an amp with ground wires and remote wires and everything please i am new to this

Silver Member

Post Number: 301
do a search through the forum
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us