Hooking up XBOX for tailgating purposes (haha)

Andy R.
Unregistered guest
Alright, first off: I'm a complete noob.

We throw HUGE tailgate parties for the University of Miami football games, and we got the idea to hook up an XBOX/TV and play it out of the back of my Explorer Sport.

This wouldn't be permanently installed, but rather just temporary (I would remove it from the car after the game).

My question is how long, if its possible at all, could I run the XBOX and a 19 inch tv out of the back of the trunk for an hour, off the main battery, with the car turned off.

Also, how would I connect it to the battery? I have a very simple AC/DC converter:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=10835 62&CatId=237

Would this work?

Any help would be appreciated!

-andy

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 698
ok...first off yes it could work, second id screw the tv and get a monitor instead cause they use less power....third im not 100 percent sure how 2(u need an aftermarket hu)and just that stuff

look for jexxen trivic on this board, he might be ab

Username: Climbamtn

Seattle, Wa Usa

Post Number: 1
the first problem is you should not draw more then 150 watts off a single 12volt from your car. and your xbox is just about 150 watts(closer to 130 except on power up) second compluva is correct on using a lcd monitor. my 15" only runs 35 watts. here you have a choice, spend the money for a tv tuner in the lcd that has the svideo inputs or go with regular vga then get the vga to composite adaptor. they are gonna run close to $100 and the cheaper ones might not like lcd monitors so be sure to try it out with your monitor. lcd monitors only like a very specific frequency range and most vga to composite adaptors dont take that into account. more expensive but way worth the trouble to just start out with the lcd/tv. less cables less hassel.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us