Kenwood KDC-X715 faceplate stuck in HALF-OPEN position

Username: Jwx13

Post Number: 1
Hi everyone, thanks for viewing my post. I have a problem with a Kenwood KDC-X715(s). If you're unfamiliar with this model, it has a rotating face plate that goes from the controls to a blank backing. My problem is that it goes to the HALF open position (CD ejects out in this position) everytime power is on.

My speculation is that the CD is jammed inside, but what puzzles me is that the radio doesn't function. Perhaps it links back to the jamming, but I'd like to get everyone's opinion.

It started happening right after I heard my CD skip the first time ever. Then I needed full attention to the road so I turned off the unit. The next time I turned it on, this happened. Also, I finally reinstalled my amp, cap, and single sub back into my car. I used it for about a couple of days, then this occured. Perhaps maybe a short? a surge?

Thanks for letting me milk your brains.

Jeff

Username: Jspatriots

Post Number: 2
Try hitting the little reset button on the unit, i had the same problem with another kenwood unit and that always fixed the problem

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 928
Or the ribbon cable has worn out from the face moving so often and that needs to be replaced.

Post Number: 2
Ooo... Thanks I'll try the reset. Jexxen, I don't know if it would be the ribbon. I don't see any visible wearing. It seems to detect when I have the faceplate in there. If the reset fails, any other ideas?

Thanks guys, really appreciate the info.

Jeff

Post Number: 3
I tried tapping the reset button, and it moved about 1/4 rotation back towards the OPEN mode, but stops and returns back to half open mode. Any ideas?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us