Cheap 10 in sub system for a contest-4 SUBS

Bronze Member
Username: Legacyaudio

Ctown, -high-

Post Number: 29
alright guys--i was put on a budget for a contest that is going on locally--

i have my box already made and it is ready for 4 10 inch subs-

i have 2 amps already purchased- Hifonics Burtus-- these are them--http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D5789170625&category=18797 %26

-- they seemed like a great purchase for the price--
now as you can see they will put out a combined 1200w RMS -- im not sure what subs to go with--

i have exactly 125$ for 4 10in subs i was thinking bout some volfenhag-- i dont really loud subs becasue my box is insane-- its an abc i made to fit 10in subs-- i need some help becasue you all have great opinions and have ebay shi7 on demand-- respond ASAP- thanks

Bronze Member

Ctown, -high-

Post Number: 30
ok refinanced everything and i ahve 165$ to work with and that does not include shipping- i can take shipping out of own pocket-- so 165$ for 4 subs without shippping

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2515
Hmmm, thats like $40 a piece. Is this a spl comp?

Silver Member
Username: Dz43893

Chicago, Illinois United states

Post Number: 133
a backyard spl comp

Bronze Member

Ctown, -high-

Post Number: 31
ya-- it is- i put in 2 other 10 inch subs i have by rf -- they were extremely loud off the two hifonics- the only problem is that they require an amp a piece- also they would probably win the competition but all equipment must have a price to be shown for-- so they would have to be accoutned for at their original purchse price of 150$ a piece-

back to the spl- yes it is- but its mainly a 4000$ winner takes all based on audience vote-appearence/sound- so whatever they think is loudest- i already know i have this won based on my box/amp setup- my problem is buying subs to finish it- which depending on who you are may be a important part- to me no- i am content with cheap as$ subs but if there is something better that i could sell later for a hugely overpriced sum that would help out a lot- if no1 has any suggestions i guess i will be joining the volfenhag clan

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2521
Sounds perfect for audiobahn!
Cheap, loud, and look nice, and kids would love to buy them... especially if they've one a spl comp.

Silver Member
Username: Dz43893

Chicago, Illinois United states

Post Number: 135
peace

Bronze Member

Ctown, -high-

Post Number: 33
hahaha lol and i found the perfect ones

these should do--
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3291%26item%3D5787667129% 26

lol saddly enough i should have looked there first thank you taylor

also i think the flames will go over well with a clear plexi glass top

did i mention this is all going in a 1997 delta 88 oldsmobile--lol and the drama continues

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2523
I've actually heard them.
My friend has 2 10's, powered by some pos Legacy amp. I'd say each is maybe getting 150 real watts.
Its in a 70 something mottle Ford Thunderbird... and it actually bumps. The sq is... well, not there, but it has some spl. You can def hear him from a little ways away.
All the kids at my school thinks it sounds ok though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us