Car question

Bronze Member
Username: Dz43893

Chicago, Illinois United states

Post Number: 95
Since the Lamborghinis trunk is in the front,if u put some subs up there would it sound right? or would it make no differnce.

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 265
haha o sh!t never though bout that..should be the same thing but it would look cooler

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
well ive always had the bass come from behind me. that would be a change

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 689
the alpine f1 status BMW had the subs mounted in the dash facing the windows. Bass up front "seems" to have more impact. Also im sure the lamborghini has a very expensive stereo system in it anyways.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
ya i bet like really nice component speakers but i dont think it will have like a subwoofer in it that hits really hard but i bett the sq in it is insane

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4261
Yes, it would be a better bet than subs in the rear. Lots of competitors cut the floor out of the car, modify it, and put subwoofers in their kick panels, dash, and so forth. Gives better transition with the midbass drivers without having to crossover so low. If you got a McLaren, you'd get near perfect imaging since the seat is in the center. But I think I'd expect a damn good sound system with a million dollar car.

Silver Member
Username: Redskin

LondonEngland

Post Number: 158
"If you got a McLaren, you'd get near perfect imaging since the seat is in the center. But I think I'd expect a damn good sound system with a million dollar car"

Ah you'd be wrong there then. They originally came with a Kenwood CD changer, no radio and average Kenwood components.

Anonymous

How about an old vw bug im sure there are plenty out there with sounds in them.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4262
Yeah, I couldn't remember what it had, haven't really looked into specifics as I'd be getting my hopes up over nothing :-). Doesn't really matter, if I had the dinero to plop down on a McLaren, it would DEFINATELY get an aftermarket system anyway. Stock systems suck, the best I've heard is the Mark Levinson system in Lexus models, but it can still be outperformed by a long shot with good aftermarket components.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
i prefer the gallardo over all the lambos idc if its only got a v10 even though thats alot. its got 500 horsepower thats more than enough speed ill ever use.but it looks alot better then all of them

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
and what the hell do u have to do around here to be a silver member

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
o sh!t its about time

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 169
It's all about nissan skyline gtr. I bet most of you haven't even heard about this car. It's an ancient Japanese secret :D

Silver Member

LondonEngland

Post Number: 159
"its got 500 horsepower thats more than enough speed ill ever use"

Surely there is no such thing as enough.

"It's all about nissan skyline gtr. I bet most of you haven't even heard about this car. It's an ancient Japanese secret"

Where have you been? I thought everyone knew about these. Still a nice motor though, especially with all the trick bits on.

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 469
the skyline isnt that old and people here arent that young. it shouldnt really matter where the sub is since it is meant for low frequency which is technically omni directional. but since most people listen to bass heavy rap and stuff i guess it may make a difference.

Silver Member

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 171
Yeah, you can get 500+ horses with some mods, but they don't sell it here in the US.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4263
I've seen the Skyline (pictures, not the car in person), not exactly Italian exotic class, though. I suppose it's someones hopes and dreams, just not mine. If I were to get a high end sports car, I REALLY like the 911 Turbo for that matter. Isn't exactly a supercar, but it is an example of getting it right the first time, they've used the same Boxer engine type since the 1960s (of course with updating over the years) and have better reliability ratings than nearly anything on the market, which is substantial for a car of such high performance. Gets mid 20s on the highway, too, not shabby by any means.

Silver Member

LondonEngland

Post Number: 160
First Skyline came out in '89 so it's not exactly new. They don't sell it here either but there's plenty of places to get one on import. You can get really silly bhp out of these(1000bhp no thats not a typo). As for 911's I'm off to drive one this weekend, can't wait.

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
ya well dont they put a govern or governor or whatever its called on ur car so u cant go pass 155 or is that just some cars cause my uncle as the sl55 and they put somethin on it so that he cant go pass 155

Silver Member

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 172
Some cars have the speed governor, but you can get it removed. I forgot how much it costs though. He shouldn't need to go past 155 anyway.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4264
"You can get really silly bhp out of these(1000bhp no thats not a typo)"

At silly high RPMs and with silly high levels of boost. It's not too uncommon to see HP in the thousands, especially aluminum V8s. Then you eventually put so much boost on it that the cylinders are on the verge of hydraulic lock, burning up spark plugs in a second, your only fire is due to detonation and dieseling. That's how top fuel dragsters get down a track, anyway :-). Torque is really the deciding factor in acceleration, though.

My cousin likes old 911s, had a 1978 911 Turbo, first year they used the 3.3L engine. SOOOO much fun to drive, tail happy, wicked fast, turbo sound. Now they're more refined, though, AWD and other control systems to aid handling. Then I had a friend in high school that had a 924 (poor man's Porsche). I think the only reason he got that piece of junk was so that if a girl asked for some Tylenol, he could say "yeah, I think I've got some in the Porsche". :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 106
thats great knowing ur car can go really fast but when can u ever get ur car to its full potential. when i was in my uncles car we could only get it to 115 and we were movin. and ur average 15 thousand car can hit that speed except my uncle paid 115,000 i mean ya its cool and ide rather have that than alot of cars. i mean im not puttin down cars that r expenisive ide take the fastest car most expenisive car if i had the money but u cant really get ur cars full potential unless u take it to like a race track. idk how u could do that though

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4265
"thats great knowing ur car can go really fast but when can u ever get ur car to its full potential"

It's when you get that annoying guy in front of you that's been revving up his f@rt cannon for 30 minutes in heavy traffic as your aggravation slowly builds up. You follow him onto open highway, cruising behind him waiting for the next long, straight road. You hit the stretch, sling it down into 3rd, punch it to the floor and hear the secondaries open up, moaning as 8 hungry cylinders come to life, quickly charging past him with such brute force that you can't pick yourself off of the seat, blowing out an exhaust note so wicked that it scares little children and old people alike, moving so much air that it blows off all his APC decals and Type R emblems, as you continue accelerating until you hit top end, then look in your mirror and see nothing but a blurry vision of a primer color body kit and a huge spoiler!

Then you slow down and choose a comfortable speed right above the limit :-)

Silver Member

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 173
lol. I want to do the same thing except with a four cylinder. Long live VTEC.

Silver Member

LondonEngland

Post Number: 162
These Skylines are still pretty streetable at 1000hp. They're good for 600hp just with bolt-ons. And the big advantage over dragsters is they go round corners. However there is absolutely nothing like a big block V8 for sound and sheer grunt no waiting for stupid turbos to spin up to speed just raw power. Haven't you got some sort of Buick over there that looks a bit of a sleeper?

"thats great knowing ur car can go really fast but when can u ever get ur car to its full potential"

Thats what track days are for."

"quickly charging past him with such brute force that you can't pick yourself off of the seat, blowing out an exhaust note so wicked that it scares little children and old people alike, moving so much air that it blows off all his APC decals and Type R emblems"

Thats because decals are cheap and engine mods aren't.

Silver Member
Username: Eclipse2005

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 154
A friend of mine has a porche with box and sub and amps in the front trunk...it is cool for real....but actually it sounds not very good...even in a little FIAT 500 is the same....this guy got 4 10" in the front trunk but it dont have really good sound

Silver Member

Post Number: 107
so u can just go to track and say i wanna drive my car or do u need like an apointment. and im not a redneck so that means i dont know where any of the tracks are.

Silver Member

LondonEngland

Post Number: 163
Don't know about the USA but here most race tracks
open there gates every once in a while to let the public thrash round. Numbers are limited and drivers split into groups of the same experience. Sometimes a local car club might hire out an old airfied and mark a course out on that. Come to think about it I thought I saw a program last week about the Cobra Owners Club who were running round Laguna Seca. Not much help in Chicago, but if they do it there must be a track somewhere near you. There's always those ever so handy Freeways.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8004
torque to weight and gearing are the key elements to speed. horsepower really isn't nearly as important as most people seem to think. you can make all kinds of horsepower at 7000rpm, but it's not going to do you a lot of good unless it's a formula car on a track.
if you want boot in the pants, slammed into the seat acceleration, you need torque.. and a lot of it, and at low rpm.
that means long stroked motors, and a lot of displacement.

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 781
A Skyline depending on the model usually has 271 horsepower like every other japanese car but i think theres one model with like 330.
Is there a reason why the fastest japanese cars here the top HP is 271? Is there a import power restriction coming from japan. I can think of 2 other cars with 271 HP like the supra and RX-7 and im sure theres more. Also if you like porsches you should check out RUF, Its basically highly upgraded porches that are renamed RUF.
Check out the RUF CTR2 And the yellow bird.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8007
RUF and Gemballa both make excellent porshce upgrades. Much like MB's AMG group, or Hennessey for the Viper, or Lingenfelter for the Vette.

I'm not sure about .jp's rules, or import rules for the US, but I know the UK has restrictions on output for imported cars. Mits 's Evo 8 and the WRX STi both get around this by using bolt on parts after the cars are tested to increase output a bit over the restrictions when being sold there.

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 782
Yeah Mitsubishi Evolutions also say they have 271 horsepower so they just bolt on some stuff afterwards and then what do you think they actually produce around 300 HP? I dont know if it really is 300 but say in any situation you have a car and you want to upgrade it would 30 horses really be noticable?

Silver Member

LondonEngland

Post Number: 164
No restrictions on imported cars here. Evo's and WRX's are just part of the normal model range although there are special editions that get extra hp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us