Kenwood unlock code

Username: Fireman_103

Jackson, Ms USA

Post Number: 1
I have purchased a used vehicle and had the dealer change the stereo because the one in there says enter code. Before I trash it I want to try and unlock it and put it in the wifes car. It is a Kenwood KDC-X817 system es. I do not have the remote for the unit but have tried the 5227 code with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Ehostler

VA

Post Number: 19
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/146082.html

Jackson, Ms USA

Post Number: 2
I tried the kcar but I dont have a remote to do it with. How do I do it on the unit is is possible??? Is there a universal remote I can get. I also think I might have messed the display up. It went blank while holding the display button and volume up button. WHAT TO DO NOW???????????????????????????????????????

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 945
"I tried the kcar but I dont have a remote to do it with. How do I do it on the unit is is possible???"

You must have the remote.

"Is there a universal remote I can get."

Yes, there are universal remotes, the best place to look is on ebay.

"I also think I might have messed the display up. It went blank while holding the display button and volume up button"

It might possibly be in service mode, does it still function normally minus the display?

Bronze Member

VA

Post Number: 22
As stated, you MUST use the remote to enter the codes.

As far as functionality, it didn't function before, as it needed the code. So now it is just waiting for the service code. I would guess that it will stay that way until the KCAR is entered by remote or until he resets the unit. NOTE: The reset should only take it out of service mode. It will not clear the codes.

xdrummer03
Unregistered guest
Just find a friend or someone with a Kenwood Remote.Any Kenwood remote will work.

Jackson, Ms USA

Post Number: 5
How do I get it out of service mode

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 969
I answered it in your other post...

Unregistered guest
i used the(KCAR)code and it worked great..but my cd player won't work..kdc-x911

Bronze Member

VA

Post Number: 39
what are the symptoms?

Won't take in the disc, doesn't spin up, gives an error message??

If the disc goes in and spins up, I would try to run a cleaner on it. If that doesn't work, I would open it and see if it is an easy fix. Worst case, time for repairs or replacement.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us