Newbies, Please READ!!

Bronze Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 59
DO NOT ask how many DB's your system will hit!! No one on this forum can be sure. Sometimes there are such things as a dumb question. That is one of them. Also, don't ask what's the loudest sub, best sub, cleanest sounding sub, etc. These are all opinionated questions and there is no BEST anything in car audio.

Bronze Member
Username: Invictuz

Seattle, Wa Usa

Post Number: 86
True enough!
Requesting a measurement online gets you a questimate at best...

While rating something "the Best" is very subjective, it is easy to steer someone in the right direction (away from crap) and in the process help them discover what they truly want...

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2466
Exactly, we know that Solo's have had problems with reliability, good spl sub, but no sq. Good for someone who just wants to get loud.
We can also keep someone from buying Sony explods... and talk them in to getting type R's or CVR's. Both louder/sounds better... not an apinion, pretty much a fact.:-) lol
A lot of people are biest tward there stuff though... they'll say what ever brand there running is the best.
The part about asking DB's, we can't be sure, but all we can give is an edgicated guess.

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 628
how many dbs do u think 4 10 inch cerwin vega vmaxes sealed would hit???

ha ha ha ha just playin

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 127
This forum really needs stickies.

Silver Member
Username: Redskin

LondonEngland

Post Number: 151
If nobody ask those questions this forum wouldn't have any content.

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 632
ok ppl if sum1 asks that make up sum rediculous number like 180+ lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
"If nobody ask those questions this forum wouldn't have any content"

That's not content. That's just a dumb question, which is the reason I made this post. To let newbies know that we can not tell them how loud their setup will get. It seems like 90 percent of all new threads here have been...What subs are the best? Which subs is loudest? What amp for these subs? How loud will this be? I need some THUMP.etc, etc. Those threads really aren't benifiting anyone as they can't be answered truthfully in the first place. While i'm not arguing that you can point someone in the right direction, there is no certainty in what YOU will like in YOUR car.

Bronze Member

Seattle, Wa Usa

Post Number: 87
again you are correct

...telling someone in exact terms what they would need to purchase to enjoy the sound they think they want or simply looking at a list of gear in a post and determining SQ/SPL stats is not 100% possible.
However, sharing our experiences as they relate to various audio topics can assist others though lessons learned (a box too small, a box too big, 15" versus 10", etc...) or promote additional learning (more questions, looking up technical answers, auditioning, etc...)

Everyone was a Noo B @1 time... driving around with two 12s and an MTX attached to the ported plexiglass box!

If theres an question that cant benefit from an answer...skip it and move on to the next...

>>>i know the box i got from circuity city is hitting over 180db...it says so right on the amp: Guanteed to hit 180+db with any subs!<<<
;-)

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Post Number: 280
so how many db's can two sony xploads hit in a ported box with a sony amp cranking out a whopping 2000 watts!!! haahaha just kidding.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
"so how many db's can two sony xploads hit in a ported box with a sony amp cranking out a whopping 2000 watts!!! haahaha just kidding"

That's a great question. The exact answer is: 142.458938 DB's. Yes, I AM THE HUMAN TERM LAB!!

Bronze Member

Seattle, Wa Usa

Post Number: 88
Bassfishing: you got yours box from circuit city too? sweet setup; 2 sonys and a Pyramid amp! ...almost bought the 16999wRMS Tekniwood amp but thought 195$ was a little steep for 8x8x2" amplifier (even if it did have the 13 color lights rotating to the beat)

Bronze Member

Seattle, Wa Usa

Post Number: 89
Dave: you are the man! Do you know anything about engines?
Mines making this DaaDaaaBingDaaDaaaKeek sound when i turn left at redlights? whats cuasing that and what do i need to do to fix it?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
"Dave: you are the man! Do you know anything about engines?
Mines making this DaaDaaaBingDaaDaaaKeek sound when i turn left at redlights? whats cuasing that and what do i need to do to fix it?"

Of course I know how to fix that. Good thing you included the sound it was making, otherwise I cuoldn't help you out. Start by taking a hammer to the engine, after it seems its had a good beating, you're going to want to continute do drive the car for motnhs and months making sure NOT to add or change your oil. Doing such a thing may be hazardous to your cars health. The absolute best way to solve that engine problem is actually adding a pair of 20" chrome rims. Usually helps the handling dramatically on smaller cars(I'd highly suggest it). Hope that helps. Good question!!

Bronze Member
Username: Kicker

Slave lake, Alberta Canada

is it front wheel drive?

Bronze Member

Seattle, Wa Usa

Post Number: 91
Good info Dave thanks!
It used to be front wheel drive but this guy told me to get the off road action i was looking for i should convert it to rear-wheel passenger side power as it make that one wheel super powerful with all the engine strength going to just that one. Also he said based on the description i gave him of the type of hills i like to make that one tire 3" taller!

thanks for your help...

Bronze Member

Seattle, Wa Usa

Post Number: 94
Rigger, thanks for the assistance...

your reply is a perfect example of what i was explaining...

You offered suggestions and ideas with nothing more than a description; thank you!

Even without all the details you offered advice that would have sent me in the right direction, or at the very least gave me a starting point for further research...

Thanks!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
Invictuz, I actually thought you were joking about the engine trouble. Hence the smart @ss remark.

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 323
ROFL! You guys are too d@mn funny!

Bronze Member

Seattle, Wa Usa

Post Number: 95
Dave: funny; i knew you knew i knew you knew that i knew you knew i was joking...However in Riggers gracious assistance regarding the DaaDaaaBingDaaDaaaKeek sound (which turned out to be a sloppy bass rap-mobile stuck to my grill. Musta run 'm down turning left on that red) he started another thread entitled "invictuz, is it front wheel drive"...

but it was a great example!

...sweet, sweet mixtress baby anne the bass queen... http://www.bassqueen.com/

Bronze Member
Username: Letto

Milwaukee, WI

However, Dave Richer... I was able to actually make a pretty informed decision based on peoples opinions in this forum.

Asking opinionated questions and having ppl explain their opinions really helps I think.

Although the person needs to know that the questions they are asking are opinionated and there isn't one best of the best, only possible choice.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
"However, Dave Richer... I was able to actually make a pretty informed decision based on peoples opinions in this forum.

Asking opinionated questions and having ppl explain their opinions really helps I think.

Although the person needs to know that the questions they are asking are opinionated and there isn't one best of the best, only possible choice."

There's nothing wrong with taking other peoples opinions. If it came out like that, that's not what I meant. So long as you know that is THEIR opinion of the equipment and you may not have the same tastes then so be it. The major problem I have is lack of using the search button. Everyday I come on here the same questions are being asked by newbies. THERE IS A SEARCH. USE IT!! It's your friend. Most of the questoins that are being asked have already been answered. Now if you can't dig up any info in the search then feel free to post away. Answering the same question over and over gets boring, although I still do it. Many people on this forum put lots of effort into explainging certain things so teh least the newbie could do would be to use the search button. Thats just my opinion.

Anonymous

fu ck you everytime i search somthing it comes up no matches found

Anonymous

those questoins are fu cken annoying tho
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us