What gauge wire?

Silver Member
Username: Monkey_man

Post Number: 209
I just recently bought a mb quart raa2400. it produces 400 watts times two in 2 ohms, if it helps.

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 423
4 gauge kit. Check this out, best deal for the money spent:

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KOL-AK4

Silver Member

Post Number: 210
Thanks. I noticed that it is a 80 fuse. But, i need three 30 fuses. Also, can't i get a better deal on ebay?

Silver Member

Post Number: 211
Another, i am installing this in a 96 accord, and i want to know if i should get a cap or a ho alternator. I really don't want to spend 200+ so would a cap work fine?

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 427
Why do you need (3) 30A fuses? Does your amp have (3) 30A fuses or something? That doesn't mean you need 3 inline fuses. It just means you have a total of 90 amps, but since your amp will pretty much never pull that much current, a 80A inline fuse will work fine.

As for the alt or cap. Just hook everything up and try it. If you notice that your lights are dimming really bad, you are going to have to keep the volume down (which I don' think you want to do that :-) ) or you have to get a HO alternator. A capacitor is only a bandaid for the problem.

Silver Member

Post Number: 212
O o k. I thought the 3 30a thing mean that i needed threee of them hooked up. Thanks for clearing the air for me.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3507
Steve, read the thread on HO Alt vs Cap on this forum. It'll explain your options.

Silver Member

Post Number: 213
okay thanks, i just did. It explains many things about my situation.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us