Db6500

kklagge
Unregistered guest
Does anyone else who has this set of components notice that the tweeters are extremely harsh when turned to higher volumes? I assumed (my first mistake, I know) that with a silk/polymer tweeter this wouldn't happen. In my truck (the Polk's are in the wife's) I have Crystal components with a silk tweeter and those sound incredible and are nowhere near harsh, even at extreme volume levels.

I'm thinking of ordering just a pair of Crystal tweeters to replace the Polk ones for her.

Any enlightenment on this would be most helpful.

Silver Member
Username: Tbone

OK United States

Post Number: 209
Have you played with different mounting schemes that may take some of the harshness out. Are the tweeters aimed directly at the listeners, if so, can you angle them, with a shim under the mounting flange on one side, to fire in a less direct path? This might help some.

kklagge
Unregistered guest
They are in the pillars of my wife's Xterra, angled a little away from the center of the vehicle, more towards the front.
Wiring backwards wouldn't cause this problem, would it? There's no distortion just piercing on the ears when you turn them up louder (unlike my Polk system at home which sounds perfect no matter how loud it gets)

Silver Member
Username: Tbone

OK United States

Post Number: 213
Yeah, try wiring them in-phase, maybe it will help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us