Infinity 1230 Amp

Anonymous

I just bought 2 of Infinity subs for 120. I have looked around, not knowing what im doing, for a amp. I want to know what type of amps i could use and which ones would fit these subs the best. I would like to spend less than 200.

Specs for Infinity 1230 : 4ohm, 300 RMS, SVC, 1230 Peak Pwr

Silver Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 181
look into kicker,Mtx,hifonics brutus line for new amps, if your willing to go used on ebay or somthing then you could get a good deal on some of the higher end amps

Anonymous

i am new to this so give me a break. Does the amp for the 2 infinity 1230 have to be mono channel. Please tell me some other options besides a mono amp.

Bronze Member
Username: Dr_sharp

USA

Post Number: 44
My friend blew a bazooka amp with 2 of those subs. He replaced it with an infinity REF611A and it sounds pretty good. They are expensive but he got it at circuit city on "the cheap stuff table" for $180 and it still came with a 4year warranty.

I have a jbl P180.2 bridged running one of those subs and it sounds good. It isn't 2ohm stable bridged though :-(

Silver Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 186
you can go different ways with amps but i would go mono

Anonymous

I have heard that kenwood KAC-8151D is a good amp to push two of these subs. Tell me ur perspective.

Kenwood KAC-8151D------Mono 400x1 rms at 2 OHm

anonymous1
Unregistered guest
Is the Kenwood amp any good. If not tell me some others that could power these subs.

Anonymous

How does the kenwood KAC-8151D compare to the jbl 600.1 or kicker 600.1

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 173
it doesnt kenwood amps are so-so..the jbl and kicker are much higher quality and will put out wat they say it puts out...if your looking for cheap and good then get you a Hifonics Brutus amp

anonymous1
Unregistered guest
i checked out the brutus. They are pretty cheap and look like they can put out power. I was looking at Boss. How do you fell about the C1200. it has 600x1 rms. it runs about $150.

Anonymous

it is made by boss

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 192
no boss is bad....they are highly overrated and have cheap quality

Bronze Member
Username: Winn

Santa Ana, California US

Post Number: 40
Parallel wiring both of your SVC sub and get 2ohm load...

Xtant mono is recommend for your budget range..
Check it out these on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=64573%26item%3D5787675591 %26%26
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=64573%26item%3D5786565763 %26%26
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us