Kenwood Wiring

Username: Beopots

Post Number: 1
I just purchased a kenwood KDC519 and in the manual (online) it shows an illumination/dimmer wire orange/white. but the harness doesnt have one, I need to know which pin to wire for the dimmer. does anyone have a picture of the back of the plug or schematic?
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 786
The dimmer wire really isn't necessary to hook up.

Post Number: 2
i realize it's not necessary, but it'd be nice. when you get right down to it a nice stereo really isn't necessary either, or a stereo at all for that matter.

Silver Member

Post Number: 790
Heh, you'd be surprised at the amount of high-end stereo receivers out there without a dimmer hooked up.

The orange/white dimmer wire should be right next to the yellow battery constant on the bottom row of the harness.

Post Number: 3
Thanks!! I'll give it a shot.

Post Number: 4
Wow! OK I installed the deck last night and IT SUCKS! first, only 2 of the speaker outputs work(the Front Right and Back Left) also, when I turn up the volume at all it begins to distort very bad! I'm not impressed. any suggestions?

Silver Member

Post Number: 842
Did you buy an aftermarket harness that clips into the factory harness or did you cut the factory harness and match wires from there? It sounds a lot like a wiring problem...

Post Number: 5
I cut and soldered the wires. But the guy I bought it from misled me, he said he had to run it thru an amp to get all 4 speakers to work, it sounds like the head unit problem and I'm trying to get my $$ back! I think I'll stay with my sony thanks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 846
Ah, sorry to hear that...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us