Installing Pioneer deh-p770mp and Ground Shorting Out

Username: Dirky

Post Number: 6
Hey Guys,

As the title says, I'm attempting to install a Pioneer Premier DEH - P770MP and I've ran into a little problem. The radio I took out was the factory radio and had a wiring harness on it from Best Buy so they could install the line-out and incorporate my amp with it. Instead of going through the confusing mess that's in my dash, I decided to get another wiring harness for my new cd player along with the converter harness made especially for pioneer. Well I got all the harnesses plugged together and was ready to bolt down the cd player when I decided to test it. I turn the key to the ignition and nothing happens. I adjust the position of the cd player and noticed it sparked when it touched something metal in the car and it also powered up.

So this tells me that I need to ground it, right? I don't see any hanging black wires to use as a ground, so what should I use? Thanks for any help you guys give :-)

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 788
Yeah, it needs a ground hooked up...sometimes you can screw a wire down onto the center of the rear of the unit where the screw hole is and then bolt the remaining end of the wire to a good ground.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us