Wiring 2 Amps To 2 Subwoofers

Bronze Member
Username: Chrisg001

Sussex, WI United States

Post Number: 20
I am just wondering about how to wire two amplifiers on to each subwoofer. I am confused about the 2 RCA cables and which sub outputs do i use. I have a pioneer premier DEHP730 with 3 preouts a front output, rear output and a non fade output. It confudes me where to hook up the 2 rca jacks into witch output. I want to use one amp per sub. I have 2 audiobahn awse12 subwoofers and 2 kole audio amps HK620*2. can anyone help

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3475
You can use either the rear RCAs or the 3rd non fade. Get a splitter for the 2 amps.
Make sure you don't exceed the minimum ohm requirement on the amps.

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 404
Hey Isaac, where can you get rca spliters?

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 795
I'm not Isaac, indeed! But you can find them on ebay mostly. Specifically they're called Y Adaptor cables and I believe the type you're looking for are female to two male. Type this ebay item number:5787086587 into the ebay search field and it will pull up some nice Monster Cable Y adaptors which I think is what you're looking for.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3481
You can get them from any audio store, including Walmart. Don't spend more than $10. Not worth it. $10 will perform as good as $50.

Username: Infinity_addict

Santa Rosa, California USA

Post Number: 2
radioshack

Bronze Member

Sussex, WI United States

Post Number: 21
thank you it was just a little confusing on what to do. I just didn't want to sound stupid.

Bronze Member

Sussex, WI United States

Post Number: 22
now the other question is would u use the y adapter at the cd player end or by the amp end of the rca's or does it even make a difference.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3483
If you used the splitter near the HU, then you would have to run 2 sets of cables, where as if it's near the amp, you only need one.
So it's better to have it near the amp.

Bronze Member

Sussex, WI United States

Post Number: 23
WHat are some good rca cables and amp kit. MOney doesn't matter or what should i look for in them.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3501
The ones from Walmart is a decent one. Very cheap too. If you want better quality, try the eBay. Look for high strand count. However don't over pay either for it. 1000 strands vs 1500 strands is very marginal. You won't be able to hear any difference by ear.
For RCAs, look for twisted pair. That should cost around $10. The ones that cost $50 or more are just waste of money.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us