JL 1/1000 { } 10001 bd Rockford

Water
Unregistered guest
Whats the diffrence? some have referrd to this amp as a ferrahi and the rockford amp as an corvette and no description on why the statement was made

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=12756

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14333
please tell me why the JL is a better amp

Silver Member
Username: Thrushdtd

New York

Post Number: 171
jl can produce 1000rms into any ohm load from 1.5-4 at any voltage while the rockford can only produce that power under optimum cercumstances at 1 ohm and 14.4 volts.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 192
my 1501bd was rated for 14.09 volts...the 10001bd might be that too instead of 14.4 which would be a great advantage over the JL

Silver Member

Post Number: 193
You would want to compare 1000/1 to a t20001bd...the t10001bd produces 1000 watts max (probably more like 1200 with birth certificate)...

Silver Member
Username: Thrushdtd

New York

Post Number: 174
Ryan im just going to pertend that you made a mistake let me quote you
"my 1501bd was rated for 14.09 volts...the 10001bd might be that too instead of 14.4 which would be a great advantage over the JL"
what car do you have that puts out 14.4 volts his probly puts out like 13.3 max plus that wopping .31 volts will do shitt for power. It is in no way an advantage cuz its probly a little overated anyway. the jl is infinetly better than the rockford

Silver Member

Post Number: 199
i agree it is better...but just pointing out that you get more wattage than what is stated at a more realistic voltage. That is no mistake.

Water
Unregistered guest
well Ryan You did make a mistake that i saw
my 10001 bd puts out 1000 watts rms @ 1ohm
my t20001 bd puts out 2000 watts rms
dont get into reading what these sites say to much
there just selling these products and dont know the 1st thing about them
the site says 500-1000 watts rms then says max power 1000
this is how it goes
t1=1000 watts
t2=2000 watts
t3=3000 watts

im selling my 10001 bd anybody wants it ?

i think im gonna get 2 of the jl 1/1000 amps
its obvious i lost power with my 4 ohm 15 inch t2 subwoofers
anybody lik ethe way 2 1/1000 amps going to 2 15 inch t2s?

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 127
that sounds nice, hope you can afford it. JL amps aren't cheap

Silver Member

Post Number: 203
didn't really understand your point...you said rms is 1000 and then said max power is 1000...????...i don't believe RF is telling the truth...I'd ask them in an email but they don't respond timely. Call and find out and let us know...i don't belive that the t30001bd is 3000 watts continous...you think you'd be able to get a rockford amp that puts out 6000 WATTS MAX for under a grand?!?!?!? that would make it one of the most powerful amplifiers on the market if not the most powerful. lol you can get the t30001bd for $950.

Water
Unregistered guest
its a 1000 wat amp rms unlike what you beleaved you learned on the site i posted (the point)

I own the t20001 and the t10001
has anybody tried 1 amp to each sub?
how does it work out? I may run 2 1/1000 jls in my new car and use my current subs
i was told by jl i would need seperate enclosure for each sub

Silver Member

Post Number: 209
companies do that to fool people...you think you could fit 6000 watts into that chassis? nope...it isn't happening...someone please give us another opinion.

Water
Unregistered guest
Scuba Steve I can afford only 1 after getting the new car if i can sell my t1 amp im in the clear
does any1 think it will balance?

I see what your saying now ryan I wouldnt know nor have i saw that amp that cheap all bullshit asisde if i could find the t3 amp at that price you said i would get it instead of the jls
that t3 amp is huuuuuuge never heard it saw it in the store for about 2k
but we all know the net is a place to find stuff cheap

Ryan how is your 4channel amp doing on your highs?
I never thought rockford would be a company to use with highs they tried selling me that huge t8004 but i went with an eclipse amp I got less power for the same amount of money but its clean

Silver Member

Post Number: 219
The JL is a better amp because it is more flexible (1.5 ohm-4 ohm are the same rated power)...the rockford power is good too but not as good as the JL's IMO. In both instances, I believe that you get what you pay for as the JL is a little more expensive but also a little better. I don't have the rockford amp hooked up anymore. I used to have the rockford 851x and it sounded great powering infinity's...its listed on ebay now.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us