3 10" Jensens..

Bronze Member
Username: Kunit

Post Number: 35
I will be installing 3 10" XS 10 Jensen subs in my car and I need to know what size box i would need to use to get them to souund the best. I know there are programs to figure it out but I dont have one and probably couldnt get it to work because I dont know a whole lot about subs and stuff. If you need anymore details like the measurements of my trunk just let me know. 3 10's will sound cool wont they? I have a 550 watt amp and can buy a 340 pretty cheap also if my 550 doesnt push them..

Unregistered guest
go with 1.25 cu feet ported boxes, it'll sound sweet, and be decent on the loud side. Or .75cu ft Sealed Box. Jensen's arn't the best for bass, but they look good and there cheap as hell. A 550 will push them, but i wouldn't run them all on the same channel. unless your amp will run 1.33ohm. But i had three of those in my Tempo once, Sound ed good, took one out and ran 2, everyoen thought i had 2 12's. I ran them in a Bandpass, though after i took the three out. For the Price, you cant beat them. i bout all three for about $60, new on ebay.

Bronze Member
Username: Kunit

Post Number: 37
ok thanks a lot! So how do I go about making the box have 0.75 cubic feet of air space. Because you have to take into consideration the cone of the speaker and the thickness of the plywood right? would a 12" high x 12" wide x 12" deep box be about right for one speaker...thats 1 square foot...then the cone...which could be the other .25...?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us