Sony?

Username: Thebus03

Post Number: 8
Anybody know anything about Sony Xplode D Class amps? are they any good?

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 130
no..all sony car audio products are bad..that amp is highly overrated and will overheat constantly

Username: Elusive_peanut

Knoxville, TN

Post Number: 1
Rightttttttt quick shot.

I had the Sony Class D that was read and silver one 3 years ago and it was a great amp for me. I had it running on two HE2 12" Rockfords and they sounded pretty good. When I upgraded to the 700s Fosgate it was equally as loud just a long cruncher bass.

My gf has the xm-754sx sony on her mids and it has worked great for years and she has a xm-754sx on her subs. It's nothing crazy but they work fine.

Bronze Member
Username: Vaio

Post Number: 66
Sony is the best i 3 1200watts no overheating just great sound. Quick Shot i think when u got your sony amp was not working will.

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 429
sigh*

Username: Thebus03

Post Number: 9
Would you recommend the sony over the RF t10001bd or the kicker kx1200.1???

Silver Member
Username: Thrushdtd

New York

Post Number: 169
lol no, but sony does not make that bad of a product for the shitt that they take. That is why they are so cheep so people that only want to spend like 80 bucks on a 400rms amp can. I had a sony explode 800max 400rms mono amp and that this was pretty damn good comparitively speaking for the price. It never clipped never overheated and i ran that thing full power all day. Plus sony doesent ask any questions if you want to return any of thier stuff they just do it no problem. Now i have 2 type r's with a us acoustics 1250rms amp and it is much better i have to say. However my original setup only cost 250 while my new one was almost 500.

Silver Member

Post Number: 153
idk i mean i think their round subs take more sh!t than they deserve because their decent...but for the amplifiers everyone that i know that has a sony amp is always complaining about it overheating and they were properly installed...so idk it might just be different models or whatever but with my experience with sony i wouldnt recommend it but thats just my opinion

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 775
Yeah, Quick Shot is right. The sound quality of their junk is pretty poor in my opinion. They are obviously built cheaply with extremely poor circuitry design.

Username: Mwdawson2004

Post Number: 5
All i have in my car is Sony...and i love them...I hate SCOSCHE...dahm spanish people!

Silver Member

Post Number: 161
isnt SCOSCHE an amp kit company at walmart?

Audioguy22
Unregistered guest
Sony is as good as any of the mainstream junk. You get what you
pay for! unless you get a SS Van Gogh, than you'll get more for less.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us