JL Audio 1000/1 Amp question...

Bronze Member
Username: Drpthemc

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 38
Im going to get the JL 1000/1 for my 2 Avalanche 12s... but i was wondering if i get that, would i have to change anything on my car?... what class is that amp?

-can someone explain what the classes mean?

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 224
Depends on your car.

Username: Msx

Post Number: 7
That amp is D-class meaning that its mono, meaning that you can only power one sub through it ( in theory ). How do you mean by "change" If you mean battery wise, like an upgrade it maybe advisable if your using more then one amp. But unless ur driving an old mini you shouldnt need to change any structural stuff.

Also what power rating does ur subs have? Cos that amp puts out 1000watt rms which is a hell of a lot of power. And unless ur subs are 1000watt rms plus, you would be better off getting a less powerful amp and saving $1600 - $719 depending on where you buy from.

Bronze Member
Username: Drpthemc

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 39
im getting 2 Avalanche 12's rms= 800 each... and i know that the amp should run these subs fine hehehe... considering how good this amp is, im pretty sure it should bang heh... but yea... its for 2 subs :-) and i dont really want to get a cheap amp for these subs...

-another Q?... is it alright to just hook it up normally without replacing ne parts on my vehicle...

but yea... so Mono Block Amps are always Class D eh? i see... thanks James C.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us