Cab i hook two electronic crossovers together

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3166
I want to run two electronic crossovers together inline with each other and double the filter and bass boost potential is this possible or risky?

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 748
Are these active or passive crossovers? I'm assuming active due to the bass-boost potential. I honestly don't find anything wrong with them, though the bass might get a bit muddy from being over-emphasized.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3173
they would be active active yes

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 161
not necessarily if you don't use the bass boost excessively...you just have to watch the phasing, and adjust accordingly.

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 762
That's what I was thinking...the best way to test it is to try it, heh.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3183
tuan just told me it would work better if you run them inline like I wanted to but have the first one with the bass boost feature off for a steaper filter then turn the bass boost on on the second electronic crossover. I have to admit it makes sense.

Silver Member

Post Number: 169
it doesn't matter...It is the same signal that reaches the amp...just a little comparison...

It's like having two donuts (2 crossovers)...both with sprinkles (bass boost)...remove the sprinkles from the first donut and your left with 1 donut with sprinkles and 1 without...OR... remove the sprinkles from the other donut and leave them on the first...your end result is still 1 donut with sprinkles and 1 donut without...the same result as the first situation

As long as the db/oct is the same with the 2 crossovers as well as the frequency of the bass boost, it doesn't matter.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3193
hey ryan why dont you try that dual crossover inline idea for me and tell me if it works like we think. Since you have two crossovers.

Silver Member

Post Number: 173
unfortunately, I don't have 2 crossovers anymore...they just listed on ebay. I had two audiocontrol digital crossovers (DXS)...and a kicker kx3...I'm selling all 3 to get the new Audiocontrol DQXS...6 channel 24 db/oct crossover and 6 channel equalizer (seperate eq for every 2 channels.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us