How hard do you think 4 RE12's will pound???

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 462
I am planning on getting 4 RE12's and powering them with my zapco reference 500.1, so they should get about there recommended rms. Do you tink it will pound pretty good, and how do you think the SQ will be??? I might add more of the subs later on as well. I got a monte carlo and could fit like 6-9 of them back there.

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 505
it should pound preatty hard...sq will be a bit of but still fair

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 392
You will be a little short on the rms of the subs. Those subs are 175 rms a peice, I am sure you know that. But with a Zapco, I am confident that it will sound great. That amp is probably underrated a bit too.

Silver Member

Post Number: 463
I was thinking about possibly doing six of them right off the bat, but what kind of an ohm load would there be?

Silver Member

Post Number: 464
Either that or maybe i should stick with my original plan of getting 4 of them, then later on get 4 more and another zapco 500 reference amp. I have heard from many that it is underated, so my guess is that i will prob get in the neiberhood of around 150 or so to each sub, maybe even more.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 151
You want 8 12's?

Silver Member

Post Number: 466
Sorry about not putting this all in one post. Anyways, how do you think i should aim them for best results??

Silver Member

Post Number: 467
why not, whats wrong with 8 twelves???

Silver Member

Post Number: 468
It could easily be done in my trunk, i could prob get 10 of them if i really watned to. I could have 3 aimed back, 3 aimed up front, and 2 on each side. Or i could just have them all aimed up. 10 is prob a lil overkill though.

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 620
8 12s in a trunk?

congratulations you have the most trunk rattle in town

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 692
put 'em in ported boxes :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Dz43893

Chicago, Illinois United states

Post Number: 83
i may not know alot about stuff because im still a bronze member but 8 12's would be stupid,why not better subs if u want alot of spl and ull getter better sq too

Silver Member

Post Number: 469
I am not going to end up getting 8 of them. I am only going to get 4 at first. We will see how it works out first.

Username: Maxil223

Post Number: 6
I doubt, if your going for spl, that you can fit 4 subs with RECOMMENDED Volume Chambers in your trunk. Recommended is 2.5 cuft. Can that be in your trunk? Yes. Can you get it into your trunk? No. If you can, awesome...I cant wait to see the results, but that just seems a little on the impossible side.

Silver Member

Post Number: 471
You might wanna check your specs agian. I am going for SQL. Right on RE's website it states ONE cubic foot sealed per sub. You were wrong. Got anything else you wanna add??

Bronze Member
Username: Dz43893

Chicago, Illinois United states

Post Number: 84
idk if you all heard of a rapper names mike jones well in his song still tippen he said he has 4 18's what can u fit 4 18's in?

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 120
a blazer...or suv...

Bronze Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 28
the trunk of a old school caddy you can fit 4 18" probably not with the recomended space but i doubt mike jones knows about speakers except how to ask for them from his local stero joint
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us