KDC-X979 head unit to KSC-WA62RC powered Sub question

Unregistered guest
OK, I recently purchased a Kenwood KSC-WA62RC powered subwoofer to connect to my Kenwood KDC-X979 head unit.

The sub wants to be connected to Sub out left and Sub out right. The head unit only has one sub out and a center channel out.

Should I only connect the one sub out to it or should I use the center channel out for the other sub input?

Username: Ehostler

VA

Post Number: 1
Here are scans from the manuals

Upload

Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Jaackdeth

Burnett, WI United States

Post Number: 92
I had a similiar dilema, only mine was in the amp connection. I just used a y adapter, but don't know if that amp you have will work that way!

VA

Post Number: 2
I think that's what I may have to do. I went through the head unit manuals and found that the center channel is on a High pass filter, so it won't pass anything below 250hz.

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 733
When the manual says sub out left and sub out right it is simply describing the single RCA sub cable you already have which consists of a left and a right channel. So in essence, you only need to hook up one RCA cable-preferably the sub out one.

VA

Post Number: 4
That's not what the diagrams show. The sub has 2 physical RCA inputs and the head unit only has the one RCA sub output.

In any case, I bought an RCA Y-cable and put it in at the sub and then a 12' cable from the Y to the sub out of the head unit.

All appears good. The sub does have a high crackling off of it. The sub uses an active speaker and a passive cone. The passive cone is producing the crackle. Looks like I may be exchangeing the unit...

VA

Post Number: 5
No exchange required...

I went back out to take a drive and the sub sounded great. Maybe there was a little something in the mesh that was causing the noise before. If that's the case, it must have worked it's way out.

If your needing a little extra bass (not enough to shake the house down the street), then this is the ticket.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us