Alpine 9835 mute wire

Username: Kingquattro

Post Number: 1
Hi guys, Does anyone know if there is a special mute wire on alpine 9835? Here is what I am trying to do. I just installed motorol hf850 bluetooth hands free kit in my Audi (it came out to be sweet install I will post pics soon). Only problem is that I have to trun the volume on my car stereo my self to make a call and if my stereo is playing loud enought I cant hear a call coming. The HF850 has a mute wire, that if connected correctly it will automatically mute the car stereo when making/receiving a call. On my apline 9835 there is no specific mute wire. so I was wondering if anyone know of a work around so that I can connect the mute wire from my hands free kit to the alpine 9835. Thanks for your help guys.

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 738
I understand what you're asking, but if there isn't a wire labeled specifically for muting, there probably isn't a way to mute it.

Username: Ehostler

VA

Post Number: 6
Please refer to page 40 of your installation manual. The wire is called the 'Audio Interrupt In'. Refer to pages 30 and 31 for the proper operation of this feature.

If you do not have your manual, you can download it form Alpine. http://www.stylestandard.net/oswego/Rooms/FrameMacro?Container=com.webridge.enti ty.Entity%5BOID%5B3765162C0DE61544B9863D3488A59940%5D%5D

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 751
My bad, I didn't know that Alpine called their mute wire that, however I'm also dissapointed that jaysheel was unable to obviously tell that it was the mute wire...

VA

Post Number: 8
It doesn't look like MUTE is the true purpose of this lead, however I think that it can be made to work that way.

VA

Post Number: 9
Also, my link won't work. You need to go in through www.alpine-usa.com Click on Tech center and then click on Consumer site. From there, Owners manauals, Head units, CD head unit, 2004 manuals.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us