NAVIGATION PROBLEMS

Username: Smartm

Post Number: 1
Has anyone had problems with factory installed or after-market navigation systems? I'm working on a story for a national magazine and would like to hear about your prolem.
Please reply as soon as possible to rmalkin@hearst.com

Anonymous

Well how much are you willing to pay to hear my story??

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 128
Anonymous

Be happy that you may be in a mag and dont worry about money.

Unregistered guest
I wouldn't call it a problem, but rather an inconvenience. I am referring to a safety feature that all new cars equiped with GPS have, which prohibits you from entering data while car is in motion. In my 2000 Honda, the nav allowed data entry while driving, but in my 2004 Nissan you must be at a complete stop. This causes me to lose focus on traffic signals, and creates unhappy drivers behind me. I wonder if anyone else is bothered by this.

Silver Member
Username: Spittin2rock

Post Number: 117
yeah I hate that also. My friend has one and we went to Daytona Beach with the help of that baby. I believe there is a way to bypass that though. Have you tried popping in the passenger seat belt and see if it allows entry.

Anonymous

My company in europe want to install gps navigation system i cars for control our lives.How we can make system not working.Can anybody help us, please

Unregistered guest
My navigation system in my toyota 2002 landcruiser comes on and then says no disc detected. the toyota dealer can not find what is wrong they are questing the the eye is bad but are not sure. Toyota sent the dealer a bunch of test to run it threw and the code it give them was that the disk is not reading. ?????? du! they even tried to switch out the disk and it still didn't read, but the disk worked the other cars. I guess if you can't find out whats wrong with it you replace it. No fixing this one is what I am hearing wright now.

Unregistered guest
My navigation system in my toyota 2002 landcruiser comes on and then says no disc detected. the toyota dealer can not find what is wrong they are questing the the eye is bad but are not sure. Toyota sent the dealer a bunch of test to run it threw and the code it give them was that the disk is not reading. ?????? du! they even tried to switch out the disk and it still didn't read, but the disk worked the other cars. I guess if you can't find out whats wrong with it you replace it. No fixing this one is what I am hearing wright now.

Username: Lkabot

Post Number: 1
my nav went dead today along with all the controls, ac heat, radio, not a fuse, vehicle is sitting at toyota presently being worked on. will keep site posted
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us