Anyone familiar with alpine type r's?? need oppions

Username: Kujo

Post Number: 1
Hey whats up? Right now I have two 10in 2ohm type Rs in my civic coupe. Each in .75 cu ft sealed boxes. I have them hooked series parallel, powered by a rockford punch 250 amp.

Aight now that thats said, heres whats up. I've heard alot about these subs and that they would just kill my 12in a-bahn dub200s. I decided to buy them, but when hooked up, the sound was disapointing-- seemed to hit a little harder than the12's but not what I expected. I wanted to test them in a ported box, but the closest I could find was an empty bazooka. I put one 10 in there and that thing hit way harder and deeper than both 10s in the sealed enclosures. I liked the sound I got from the tube, so would a ported box be the way to go to get more out of my subs? Im hearing mixed oppinions everywhere.. even the fact that just a bigger amp might make all the difference... what do you guys think? Should I go ported? Should I keep my boxes, but just upgrade amp? Any suggestions would be greatfull! thanks

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2328
Well, you defenantly need a bigger amp thats for sure.
Theres something about tubes... don't know what it is, but everyone says that it makes them so much louder. The subs will be louder in a ported box though.
I'm guessing there the older type R's, or are they the 05's?

Post Number: 2
They are last years model. They were on sale for 84 bucks each

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2331
You're still seriously underpowering them. You're amp would power 1 type R... but 2? Thats some of it right there.

Post Number: 3
Ya I kinda figured that after a while, so I only have the one 10 in the tube hooked up right now. I wont hook the second up untill I figure out what to do.

Post Number: 4
Oh ya, I shoulda said on top that thats all that I have, but not all hoooked at the moment

Post Number: 5
Ok I'm thinkin about getting the alpine mrd m605 amp for like 280... whats a good brand for ported box to get? and what cuft do u think?

rockford's aren't bad
Unregistered guest
q-logic is a great way to go when thinking about a box. i have played with them for a while now and havn't had any problems. it's the best sound and bang for your buck

Bronze Member
Username: Shea88

Cartwright, Manitoba Canada

Post Number: 50
I have 2 of the new type r's, amazing subs, love them, crsip clear bass
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us