About Headunit Volts.

Username: Soberskull

San Lorenzo, California United States

Post Number: 7
I'm preparing a new install in my chevy suburban Now i have a box with 1 15" and 2 12"s. (picture attached). Now, I am thinking about getting 1 whole amp for all 3. But I was thinking, if I get 3 different amps, I was going to connect them like this. From the RCA cable coming from my head unit, use a 2 Y connecters and hook them up to the amp that way. Would that use/differ the volts that my head unit is putting out, or would it still be 3 volts for each amplifer. (My head unit puts out 3 volts). I was also seeing that on all 3 amps, there is RCA outs. What if I connected the RCA from the headunit to 1 amp, then connect that amps RCA outs to the next RCA amps in ect. Would each amp get 3 volts or what? Sorry if i'm a bit comfusing, and thanks all for your help.<br>Upload

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 244
Voltage is constant along parallel circuits, there will be no change.

Bronze Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 23
You would be MUCH, MUCH, better off using seperate RCA's. :-) Just go amp to amp to amp, Y-splitters are known to add interference to music.. you'll just get a much cleaner signal in general if you piggyback the amps RCA cables, instead of splitting them twice. :-)

Seth

Bronze Member
Username: Soberskull

San Lorenzo, California United States

Post Number: 12
Alright. Thanks for your help. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Jonez788

Post Number: 116
Whoa dude, I am looking into getting a box jsut like that. Could you by any chance send me the dimensions for that box you have?

jonez788@gmail.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us