Looking to get a Pioneer DEH-P9600MP

Username: Pittsburghballa

Post Number: 1
I was wondering if this is a good Head Unit and for the price im getting it on which is about $380 on Ebay. Its gonna take me a few weeks to get the money to buy it but im gonna build my system piece by piece and im starting with this. Is it a good Head Unit or is it just all hype? If there is a better buy please feel free to share.

jonesy50158
Unregistered guest
300 bucks new or refurbed? Cuz I looked around at it, nothing that cheap. The 7700mp probably has the most bang for the buck.

Bronze Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 74
Pioneer head units are not all hype, especially if you get the premier version.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 172
Dood...if your going to throw that much money for the 9600mp...just get the Premier DEH-P960mp...same unit with 6.5V Pre-outs...it will cost $400 shipped on ebay. 7700mp is the best bang for your buck if your on a budget.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 611
Is the DEH P8600 worth $340? I have to start from scratch with my system because I got car jacked and everything was stolen. I have about $1000 to spend on an entirely new system.

Audioguy22
Unregistered guest
I got my 860 for $350. shipped new off Ebay.

It specs out the same as the 960 but less display junk.

It a great unit(better than my Alpine 9813).

xdrummer03
Unregistered guest
8600 greatest HU ever hands down.

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 769
Heh, I think greatest ever would be within a pretty narrow spectrum...

Silver Member

Post Number: 178
yea...there are better headunits within the pioneer brand alone lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 771
Absolutely! Their preamp-only models have superior sound!

xdrummer03
Unregistered guest
Ok Ryan take the DEH-P860MP and tell me one pioneer deck thats better. :-)

KMARTXR
Unregistered guest
i have a deh-4600 mp and love it. great head unit.

in fact ivehad a broad range of head units and alpine and pioneer are my favorites

Silver Member

Post Number: 186
deh-p960mp lol...i just installed one myself...kicks a$$...does everything that the 860 does...only it has more bands of eq for more control and a multi-color OEL display

Silver Member

Post Number: 187
excuse me, i was wrong...same # of bands of eq...just looks a hell of alot nicer lol eye candy...got mine for $400 shipped...if i'm already spending $350...I'll spend the extra $50 especially since I plan on having this for another 2-3 years.

xdrummer03
Unregistered guest
Ryan wow nice job correcting yourself.Doesnt look better at all. That dumb little flap infront.Must be fun spending that.I bought my DEH-P8600mp for 280+tax the first week it was out brand new.So have fun paying more :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 784
It's not all bad. Definitely an impressive feature and a rarity nonetheless among such a plethora of headunits currently available.

Silver Member

Post Number: 196
do you have the 8600???...thats a big difference...make up your mind...and I will have fun with my 6.5V RCA outputs compared to your 4V since I'm driving 3 amps (big difference in signal clarity) and my 2 year warranty compared to your 1 : )
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us