HiFonics vs Audiobahn?

Bronze Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 18
I'm currently running an Audiobahn A8000T to a pair of audiobahns in a ported box (see my profile for model #'s).

I was wondering, however, what the quality of the hifonics amps were? The BX1500D claims 1000 watts RMS at 2ohms, but does it actually put it out? And the 1500 at 1 ohms?

Reason I'm asking is because I'm skeptical of companies that I dont know much about.. I dont want stuck with a lanzar/pyramid/pyle type amplifier.

So in general, is Hifonics better than Audiobahn? I hate asking questions like this, because I'm sure they're asked over and over, about brands, etc.. But this one is pretty specific, amp vs amp.

Thanks.

Seth

Silver Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 119
hifonics i would say is slightly better, btw your audiobahn is also a little overrated(most amps are untill you get into big name brands) for the money you would be spending on a new amp, and the time, it's not worth the switch, just keep running your audiobahn

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 102
i just sold an audiobahn amplifier...the 2000 rms @ 1 ohm mono block...i think it was puttin more close to 1500 watts...i then switched to hifonics...i think that hifonics amps are better...but maybe i just had a bad audiobahn experience...if yur happy with what ya got just stay where ya are...if ya do decide to switch you won't be dissapointed...older hifonics is much better than their new stuff...

Bronze Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 20
Reason I'm considering getting the hifonics, is because I bought the audiobahn retail, and paid $349 for it at circuit city. The hifonics is priced at $299, even as low as $249 (though I'd probably pay the extra to get it from a more trusted source). But the audiobahn amp is only priced at $205. Now, thing is, I really dont mind spending the extra $94 on the hifonics if it's a better amp, as money isnt too much of an issue as I'm still gaining at least $50 back.

Silver Member
Username: Jonez788

Post Number: 115
If at all possible take back that Audiobahn it goes for 159 on ebay anyways. You can save a lot of my money. A nice starting point would be to get back that 350 if at all possible then look at your other options

Silver Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 164
seth sounds like your into getting it from a store around you, but you can save a sh!t load to get it off ebay. Which hifonics are you looking at, if it's possible go for their Brutus line(IMO their best amps)

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us