Looking for a new head unit tomorrow... any suggestions?

Destin
Unregistered guest
I am gonna go find me a new deck tomorrow, i have allotted 350cdn for it. I want mp3, 2 pre-outs, and hopefully one of the nice displays... you know organic or so? My current amp for the speakers can accept tops 4v pre-outs, so im hoping to find 4v, if possible. I was looking at a kenwood deck that was appealing, but it was 2.5v. Kenwood KDC-MP728. I also saw a JVC, i know both are not very respectable. So far I have a kicker amp, and 4 clarion speakers, all of which I find to be excellent quality, so I was thinking of checkin out some clarion decks, they are pretty sharp. Anyways, lookin for suggestions, i have a visions in the area, they sell brands like kicker, ultimate?(never heard of em), eclipse, RF, and then sony and stuff, dont want it. AB sound sells some nice clarion gear and eclipse as well. There are also a few independent dealers who sell phoenix gold and others, so I should be able to find whatever you guys are talking about and test em out. Thanks in advance,
Destin

Silver Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 113
don't get kenwood if your looking for a nice oraganic display, there displays suck.. how much money do you want to spend??

Silver Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 114
if you want the best HU get a alpine IMO

destin
Unregistered guest
hey i just found out its not a max 4v... i thought kicker would do better than that, i suppose its running at 12.5 v tops... therefore my current 2v is pretty underpowering. Bigger is better! And mike, i would like to top out at 350 cdn, nothing audiophile style, just a nice solid deck, and im not super-worried about the display if the rest of it is nice :-)
Note on amp: ( http://www.crutchfield.com/S-CWJZfQBSpE1/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=110&id=features_ and_specs&i=206IX252 )

Bronze Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 75
the new eclipse head units have some of the best audio controls you can buy in a head unit. They allow you to set up your equilizers on your computer and have nice variable slope crossovers. 8 volt preouts, but they'll cost you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us