Infinity 6.1 or 60.7???

Silver Member
Username: Redrange

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 182
K the 6.1 tech is 2 yrs old but still good...i was wondering if the 60.7 which has a higher sensitivty would be as good or close to the perfects???

Bronze Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 87
It is better...I have the 60.7cs...they sound nice...You can run it at 2 ohms, which means that you can power 2 pairs sufficiently with a single 4 channel amp (no bridging necessary)...it is also 4-5 db more sensitive so if it were the same sensitivity as the 6.1's, it would handle more power...even on the internet, others give the 60.7cs better ratings so far than the 6.1 has received...not only that, but the 60.7cs is cheaper too...can't go wrong man.

Bronze Member
Username: Dr_sharp

USA

Post Number: 19
can't wait to see the next gen perfects.

Silver Member
Username: Redrange

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 183
But how can something cheaper be better???the 6.1 are almost 200 more and u say the 60.7 are better??? have u heard the diff???

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
ive heard 6.1's and have the 60.7cs...the only real difference that can be considered a positive or negative for anybody is the new 2 ohm impedance. With 2 ohms, the amp sees more THD (total harmonic distortion). about .03% more...which is not noticeable. the coaxials used to be the same type as the 6.1 but have been changed over to the .7 series...i don't know...to my ears, the 60.7cs sounded faster.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
I can't wait till they come out with KAPPA AMPS...its long overdue. Their reference series is so old and out dated...12 db/oct crossover? are you kidding?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us