Can you guys tell me if this is ok?

Marco P.
Unregistered guest
I am running a 4 guage power cable for 16 feet which then goes to a distribution block splitting to 2 8 guage power cables which run about 3 feet. Now one goes to an MTX 4-channel amp which is about 250W RMS and the other is a Kicker 2-channel amp which is about 850W RMS. Will these gauges be sufficient for each amp? I can probably cut down on the length 3-4 feet if necessary. Will that make much of a difference? Let me know. Thanks guys.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3423
You really should use 4gauge for 850w rms and above.
Cut down the 16' if you can and get a better d block. You need one that'll accept 2-4 gauge in and 4-8gauge out. They do exist.

Marco P.
Unregistered guest
Thanks man, but are you saying there are d blocks that take a 4 guage and output say 2 4 guage as well? Because I would much rather just get a new d block instead of having to rewire the power cable from the battery with a 2 guage.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3426
Yes, they have 2-4 gauge in and 4-8 gauge out, 0-2 gauge in and 2-4 gauge out. They have it on eBay as well as car audio shops.
They usually cost around $15.

Bronze Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 79
They also have T-blocks where you have 1 - 4 gauge input and 2 - 4 gauge outputs...There is a distro block for virtually every situation out there.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us