Help deciding on an amp

KMARTXR
Unregistered guest
Ill start off with what im trying to hook up.

I have 1 12" kenwood KFC-w3009 and a 12" audiobahn (unsure of model)

the kenwood is 800watts peak 400 rms (i believe)
All i know about the audiobahn is that its 1000w (says that on the bottom).

I had these hooked up on a audiobahn a8002t but the amp blew up on me.

I was wandering what kind of amp i should look into getting. Of course i would need to get one based on the load the kenwood could carry because it is less than the audiobahn. i just dont know too much about how much power would be ideal.

Also i need to know how i should wire up the two subs. ive looked at wiring diagrams but none of them show anything about wiring a DVC and a SVC sub together.

Username: Believe

Illinois

Post Number: 3
depending on the ohm of each coil on your dvc you can wire three coils at 2, 4, and 6 ohm then use a mono amp. if you want to run each coil straight to the amp youll need a 1 ohm stable mono amp (parallel wired dvc with 4ohm coils) for the dvc wired in series all you need is a regular 2 ohm mono block. my suggestion is to wire the dvc sub in series so you dont blow another amp.

beLIEve

KMARTXR
Unregistered guest
they are both 4 ohm, before i only had 1 channel on the amp working (right side RCA's broke) i had them both wired in parallel both into one channel. how many ohms was that pulling. and if i get a 2 channel amp then do it in parallel 1 speaker in each channel then how many ohms will that be

Bronze Member
Username: Believe

Illinois

Post Number: 13
two 4 ohm in parallel is 2 ohm.
if you have parallel 1 speaker in each channel then you would have 2ohm on one side and 4ohm on the other and that blows channels. if you wire in series and add the other speaker thats 4ohm to one channel (your only option unless you run at 1ohm)
you cant run 2 channels safely with that pair of subs.

KMARTXR
Unregistered guest
looks like ill be getting a mono amp :-)

thanks for your fast help and ill do it that way.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us