Legacy amps good or not?

Anonymous

i have seen legacy amps on the net for super cheap prices at very high wattages but i am on a super budget and has anyone had experience with these amps and how good or how bad they are and why. also can you use a 2 or 4 channel amp just on subs or only mono??

Silver Member
Username: Thrushdtd

New York

Post Number: 154
no they suck get hifonics if your on a budget. mono i think is easier and better power for the price.

Username: Believe

Illinois

Post Number: 2
legacy says 100 watts when its actually 45 watts once you get close to 75 watts it distorts (gets dirty) you can give 200 watts to a subwoofer that only handles 100 watts if its clean power.. but you can blow a speaker that can handle 100 watts if you give it 75 watts dirty power.

Bronze Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 96
they are extremely overrated for budget go with Hifonics or MTX

Bronze Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 71
audiobahn too isn't bad on a budget, i know everyone probably hates audiobahn but there amps aren't too bad(there a800t,a8002t)probably there best amps

Bronze Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 97
yea ive heard a few of their amps and their not bad for the price neither

Username: Believe

Illinois

Post Number: 4
for 200$ you can get a kicker amp off ebay says 600 on the box but they push close to 800 and if you increase your preamp voltage 100% you squeeze an extra 20.

KMARTXR
Unregistered guest
had a80002t friend has a8000t, sounds great i was shaking the glasses out of my cabinets in my house. however they get pretty hot if not well ventialated. i should know flames and smoke from mine.

Silver Member
Username: Msully701

Stratford, Connecticut US

Post Number: 177
not trying to promote legacy or nothing but I got one of those 500 dollar ebay deals on a complete legacy system and it sounded 100% better then any stock system, the amps never broke or overheated, sound quality is based on opinion...it sounded great to me, I dont use it anymore its just sitting in my room, I have all kicker in my car and my components are infinity kappa perfect 6.1's im sure everyone knows that now. ill sell you my complete system for 200 shipped just trying to get rid of it, if your interested it included a HU,2 amps, 2 12" subs with sealed box, 2 mids, crossovers, rca's, power and ground wire, remote wire ill give you details if your interested, you can check prices on all the items too, 200 bucks for 2 amps, 2 12" subs in box is over that even when they sell it on ebay I just want it out of my house its sitting on my bedroom floor waiting to sell it or just give it to my friend if no one wants it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us