Diamond Audio

Bronze Member
Username: Bladebeme

Boiling Springs, SC USA

Post Number: 40
I just wanted to get others opinions on Diamond Audio amps. The guy at one of the local stereo shops says its a high end amp but I have heard much of them. Want to hear others input on Diamond amps.

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 187
They're good. But Xtant, Eclipse, and Zapco are better :P.

Bronze Member
Username: Masse1369

Post Number: 60
eclipse amps?? I dont think so, diamond audio makes good quality amps. They are not up there with zapco, and the rest of the "a" list, but they are better than eclipse amps IMO. They are still run of the mill as in they come off an assembly line and are not carefully produced like the high end companies.

Bronze Member

Boiling Springs, SC USA

Post Number: 41
After doing my research I wast thinking the same thing, eclipse amps better than Diamond Audio?? I didn't think so either.

Well thats a given that Diamond isn't in comparison with Zapco.

Username: Zer0

King, Cali USA

Post Number: 5
eclipse amps are crap... why do you think that they dont ever have an eclipse amp powering eclipse subs in retailers stores?

i talked to a "friend" that works at an un-named retailer.. he told me that eclipse amps work great to power 6x9's but if you put a sub on one you have wasted too much hard earned money.

Bronze Member

Boiling Springs, SC USA

Post Number: 42
Thats funny you say that about eclipse amps powering up 6x9's b/c the eclipse amp I have used to be hooked up to 6x9's and nothing else. I tried powering up 2 8" subs before and boy was I disappointed.

Username: Diamondman

Post Number: 1
hello im new here and have very good experience with diamond audio. i have recently bought a coplete diamond audio system for my car which includes 2 12"d9 subs. 2d5 600.2 amps and 2 300.2 amps. also have Hex 61/2 inch components and m6 61/2 components in my car. alli have to say is that the whole thing sounds great. i love diamond audio. my friend that has 2 12 cm3 subs hit 144.5db in a sound comp which is impressive. alos diamonds new amps come with a lifetime warrenty so u never have to worry about thenm again

Silver Member

Post Number: 194
How much power does the Eclipse amp say on it? I have a 4,000 watt and it pounds the h3ll out of my 12" Eclipse Ti's. I've heard a lot of systems, and this one is up there.

Bronze Member

Boiling Springs, SC USA

Post Number: 43
4,000 watts!!! Well of course any good quality amp will pound any good quality subs at 4,000 watts. I am only referring to an Eclipse 3620 which is a amp for highs. A few yrs back I had a crappy Craig amp equivalent in watts pushing my subs and the Eclipse 3620 pushing my highs and then did it vice versa and honestly did not notice much difference at all.

By the way I ended up buying a 4 channel Diamond Audio and truthfully I can say that the highs sound way better on this Diamond amp, just my opinion.

Silver Member

Post Number: 209
Ah, ok, now we're on the same line... I like mine, but am looking into a Zapco, but they're pretty spendy and hard to find. What would you recommend for two 12" Eclipse Ti's? I also have a PA5422 which is a good 4 channel.

Bronze Member

Boiling Springs, SC USA

Post Number: 44
I don't think anyone was referring to Eclipse amps as low quality amps just not better than Diamond Audio as you referred to it on your original post. Definitely Zapco and McIntosh amps are top of the line amps and a few others.

Anyway back to your question, you can find Zapco amps on Ebay. I don't know which Orion amps are good but I understand they are hardcore. I would also look into old school US Amps those were bad a**. I am sure others would suggest a few others. What about J/L amps, considered those yet?

Bronze Member

Boiling Springs, SC USA

Post Number: 45
Well all Orion amps are good from my understanding just don't know if the old school Orion amps are better than the new ones or vice versa. Something for others to answer

Silver Member
Username: Monkey_man

Post Number: 205
What are diamond audio amps rated @? Does the D3 truely put out a full 600 watts??

Bronze Member

Boiling Springs, SC USA

Post Number: 47
IMO I would say yes the D3 does put out a full 600 watts but not 100% sure.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us