Check this out.................

Username: F3lipe

Post Number: 2
i've got two solo baric l7 12s dual four ohm with a kenwood kac-9152d amp. i have the oportunity to buy two jl audio w6v2s for 200 bucks with a box should i trade them. i am looking to get about the same amount of bass. thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Sq_junkie

Anchorage, AK US

Post Number: 33
YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 759
Hey whatever happened to your amp turning on and off problem, you take care of it?

Post Number: 3
well kinda. it still does it, uhh i turned down the gain and up the bass and it doesn't do it until its gets loud, i think that it sounds better though b/c when i had the gain up that loud the subs sounded like they were distorting.

Post Number: 4
will the bass be about the same as the l7s i have read A LOT! and people keep saying that the w6s ar sooo much buter but i want bass too thanks

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 760
is the bass of your HU set real high?
it may help to turn it down to flat and maybe even negative then put the bass boost higher.

Post Number: 5
no the bass boost is all the way up and the gain is like half, and to get any power outta the subs i gotta turn the bass up on the head unit to about half.

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 762
are you sure your using a sub preout? does your HU have a subwoofer level control? And does it affect your sub when you turn it up/down?

Post Number: 6
no man, i've got my stock radio. soon to be upgraded

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 763
oh.............. man as soon as you get it i bet it will work fine.

Post Number: 8
you think that that is the problem with the amp shutting off? i dont think thats it, but you prolly know more than i do. thanks for the suggestion. you think i should trade my solos for the w6s? thanks man

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 764
I really dont know im not a big fan of either.

Username: Mustang_guy

Post Number: 8
not a big fan of either???? then what do u like???

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 157
I've never heard anything that goes so deep, so loud, and is so crappy at doing it as the L7's. I actually wouldn't mind a pair because they do get very loud but sound terrible doing it, personally no experience with JL audio. I am more Kicker, Alpine, Pioneer, Sony type. And ya, I bet you laugh when I say sony but I bet I can get that thing to outdo most other peoples BUDGET systems.

Bronze Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 57
not mine chris.... lol im getting 2 12" kicker cvr's, a MTX 801d amp, box, kit , install for about 350$

Username: Mustang_guy

Post Number: 9
WOW!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us