Is this picture right on installing my new amp/sub?

Bronze Member
Username: Nopidy

Post Number: 16
I listed everything that i think is needed to install an amp with one sub, does this picture look right? If not could you tell me what is wrong with it or wut else i will need?

(the white area represents the car and the green squares represent my Blazer's seats)

Upload

WC
Unregistered guest
The power wire between tha fuse holder and the battery should be 6 inches or shorter. The ground should be short too. You also need a remote turn-on wire.

I_am_Lspade
Unregistered guest
I seen the remote hookup on the back of the amp but i thought it was optional. What 2 things does the remote turn-on wire connect and what does it do?

(thnx for replying)

Username: Redrazor

Fort Walton Beach, Fl

Post Number: 5
you connect the remote coming from your head unit to the remote connection on your amp so that it only gets power while the ignition it turned on... I think =-)

I_am_Lspade
Unregistered guest
That makes sense, and it's not complicated. Hopefully yer right. Lol. thnx.

WC
Unregistered guest
Remote turn-on wires tells the amp when to turn on or off. Say your driving and dont want to listen to music, so you turn off your HU and the amp. Without it you amp wont turn on.

I_am_Lspade
Unregistered guest
oh... sweet, thnx man. If there is anything else that i missed go right ahead and tell me cuz i don't wanna start my car on fire.

WC
Unregistered guest
Lets see, like I said "The power wire between tha fuse holder and the battery should be 6 inches or shorter. The ground should be short too."

ALSO, keep the POWER and GROUND wire the same gauge.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us