Big ported or Recommended Ported?

Bronze Member
Username: Aaronmiiller

Post Number: 30
Im making a box for an orion h2 15" 4 ohm. Should i make the box 2.5 cubic feet with a port length of 16.8 inches tuned at 32 hz or should i make a bigger box say perhaps 3 or 4 cubic feet. Size isnt really much of an issue seeing as how im putting it in the back of my blazer with the seat folded down. What should i do PLEASE HELP!! Maybe a box like this one i seen possibly? Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Aaronmiiller

Post Number: 31
I also just used WinISD and filled out all the information for my subwoofer the xmax and all that crap and WinISD says to make a box thats 1.2 CUBIC FEET!!! They also say to make it 6 inches deep when my subwoofer is over 9 inches mounting depth! Whatsup with that? I have no clue what im doing here i need someone to give me box demminsions. LOL PLEASE HELP!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 24
I don't know the exact specs of the Orion, however, 15" subs usually can move alot of air...The surface area of the cone is like having a 10" sub and a 12" sub...for a 15" ported, I would reccommend more air space in the 3.25-4.00 cubic foot range. For sealed, 2.5 cubic feet would probably hit the spot.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us