Quick question... just came up with somein...

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 653
okay after i buld my box i want to put a coat of resin on it just to keep it smooth and ive heard it can help SQ and SPL just a tad... but what if on the baffle... i drilled small holes into it so that the resin could go into the holes to hold on better to the MDF... thats probably not needed right?

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 209
Resin is basically a really hard glue. It'll adhere to the wood without trouble. For sq purposes, resin will help smooth the surfaces and reduce the total friction of the system. For spl purposes, it'll strength the walls of the enclosure, causing less resonance of the panels, usually increasing spl.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3517
plenty of wood glue and 2in dry wall screws followed by some inside silicone does the trick very well. no need to resinate your box IMO its a waste of time. just take your time on the glue and well placed screws with a nice bead of silicone all around will seal it up as good as anything will.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 656
thanks guys, but im also looksing for a nice surface to paint nicely to look good...

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 2968
Trevor I look forward to that smile on your face when you finish that box. Im assuming your preparing for the abc box.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 658
yes sir! lol did u see my post for u earlier? its titled... "sean" lol just a question about the ports... my smile will be from ear to ear lol :-D

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 2970
no i didnt ill go check now.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us