Whats louder

Bronze Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 25
L7 or w7

also which is the loudest sub on the market(none of your 34" subs please.. lol)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
sorry about this question i know EVERYONE hates these me and my friend are just disagreeing on this and i wanted to see who is right

Username: Mustang_guy

Post Number: 4
well it really depends on what your using it for....SQ or SBL...if you want SQ the l7 is not the sub too go w/.....if you want SBL then you would want the w7 w/the right kinda amp.

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 589
well do u mean sbl(dont know what this is) or sql or spl. Assuming that u want spl since u said "whats louder" I would have to say that they would be very close to each other. a 15" l7 would probably be able to beat a 13.5"w7 but not by much and thats even if it could. But since you just want loud you can get the l7 for about 1/4 the price of the w7. As for which is the loudest sub on the market thats a tough one there are so many names out there. AmericanBass VFL, RE MT, DD 9917, Solo X, all these subs can handle 5krms+ and some can handle 15k burps. If you really want loud u are gonna have to do a overhaul of your electrical system and have several thousand watts.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
haha i was j/w cause me n my friend had a bet.. guess no ones getting any money since it sounds like a draw( i said the L7)

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4174
It depends on what type of SPL you're trying to accomplish. If you're comparing sealed box to sealed box, the W7 would outdo the L7 in both SQ and SPL. If you're strict SPL, using ported or bandpass enclosures and packing power on the drivers, the L7 would win out. Ultimately, yes, the L7 can get louder if you're talking SPL competition with ported boxes tuned to the resonant freq of the cabin, but it's a moot point for someone who plans to use a subwoofer for everyday SQL. That's not to say that an L7 couldn't function well in a SQL application, it just tends to suffer the side effects of a SPL based woofer.

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 590
and jonathan closes out another post :P
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us