Resonant Enginnering SQ???

Bronze Member
Username: Masse1369

Post Number: 59
Is the XXX there best sub for SQ and output? I have an ARC Audio 2500-XXK to run it with (1050W RMS x 1). Would you say this is similar to an IDMAX12 v.3? I am basically looking for the best SQ sub on the market with a decent amount of output. Suggestions???? Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3506
If you want the best SQ with very nice SPL then bo IDmax 12 ported. The REXXX will get louder then the IDmax but doesnt have as good of SQ as the IDmax.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 277
jonathan broke it down pretty well. and i do believe he is running the id maxx currently.
this is what he said in a previous thread.

"SPL: XXX
SQL: Brahma (IMO)
Cost/Performance: Avalanche

There are some differences between the subs, XXX traded a little BL strength and efficiency for more power handling and added throw, and works well ported, Avalanche uses a loose (VERY loose) suspension in order to be efficient, have good low bass, and work in small sealed enclosures, but are very particular about ported boxes (very peaky). Brahma is an in the middle performer as far as enclosures go, and has a very linear excursion curve, great SQL sub. For SQ I'd prefer it over the other two. Suspensions of all are different and all have different enclosure requirements. It's more about choosing the horse for the course as all are great subs."

for the record though, i have not heard one person complain about any of the three (or the id maxx) once they owned them. you really can't go wrong, imo.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 278
and if you do grab the max, be certain that it is a v3

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3515
nope you cant they are all great subs.

Bronze Member
Username: Voodoochilde

Greencastle, Indiana

Post Number: 75
Alot of it depends on your budget too...avalanche is the cheapest, and I'm too lazy to look up the others...(I know the idmax is about $300), don't forget to factor in how much power it takes, if you'll need a new alternator, and the price of the amp because the amp will porobably cost more than the sub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us