My bazooka EL 1500 is blowing fuses

Username: Zer0

King, Cali USA

Post Number: 1
so i got a 500W Bazooka el 1500 amp.. it was running fine untill i turned up the volume... the amp was pushing my 15in kicker comp VR-500W RMS- i was running it 2ohm -parellel 4ohm DVC- so it was working great for about 10 miniutes then shut off. i looked it over and all 4 15amp fuses were blown i replaced them just to blow them as soon as i powered up. so i did this agian.. but with the sub unhooked still blew all 4 fuses. any ideas?

Bronze Member
Username: Kaos15th

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 50
it probably gt too hot and blew cuz those bazooka amps have a high failure rate they tend to heat up quick and fail most people that run those use about two amp fans

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3381
Mike, it means the amp is NOT 2ohms stable. Run it at 4ohms and cross your fingers.
Pyramid/Bazooka/Sony/Pyle/Lanzar/Boss and few others make the worst quality car products.

Username: Zer0

King, Cali USA

Post Number: 3
really worst? i thought they mostly all suck, but didnt know was that bad.. i had a question i know the wiring has to do with running 2/4 homs and such, but is that all that determines that an amp will run at said ohms?- i cant set anything on the amp that will effect this? i know how ohms effect voltage and such but its all controlled by the resistance... well maby i just answered my own question.

also.. i powered the amp with no sub on it.. should have just lighted the led either green yellow or red.. the thing is it just blew all the fuses.. and when tha damn thing stopped working i immediatly pulled over to check the amp.. was barley even warm..

i have since opened up the amp- no fried electronic smell and everything appears to be in working order- im half handy with a voltage meter anything i could test with out the fuses in the thing?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us