Possibilities

Anonymous

need some opinions here... long story short, did a favor for a buddy of mine and in return, I got two JBL GTi Series W12GTi subs. Subs are 700w RMS/4000 peak, impedence: daul 6 ohms. I know some about car audio, but not alot, complicated specs and technical terms scare me, lol. I am not looking to put any more than $1000 into the system. The box and installation I can take care of but what else might I need in terms of amps/caps/etc.? gonna put them into a 1996 BMW 328is.... lil help please?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3387
You might want to invest on a HO alternator first. BMWs are picky when it comes to power. They usually cost anywhere from $150 - $300. It is well worth the price.
After you get that, then look for a quality amp. It'll give you much better SQ. Stay away from Boss/Sony/Pyramid/Lanzar/Pyle etc. They are low quality and distort often.
Finally, if you still have cash left over, you can get a capacitor for a tighter bass. Look for 1F for every 1000w peak.

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 495
get some 1.5 farad capacitor, get the hifonics 1605d for ya amp, get sum clarion HU, and get sum focal speakers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us