Scosche 550 watt amp

Bronze Member
Username: Kunit

Post Number: 27
I just bought a 550 watt Scosche amp tonight. It's hooked to a 10 imch jensen and a pyramid power in their own channel. I had them hooked together and bridged in a 340 Jensen but the amp kept going in protect mode. So i just have each sub in each channel. The amp is 4 ohm stable..but i dont know if it will still cut out if i bridge it...any suggestions?

Also...i have the 2 subs in one box. Its a home entertainment box...Its just for temporary use until i can get another 10 and build a new box. The 8 inch pyramid makes a rattling noise..I dont know if its blown or if its just becuase theres no divider between the 10 and it has the wrong air space. Any suggestions? Are scosche amps any good for the money? I'm pretty pleased for what it does for $140. They had a 300 watt jensen for $100...so i thought i took the best deal...

C.Jackson
Unregistered guest
I have 3 Scosche 550 amps in my car, they are 220 RMS @ 4 ohms bridged. They are great amps for the money. Not quite sure what your asking, it can be bridged if thats what your asking. If not, please clarify and I'll be happy to try to answer any questions on the amp.....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
ok thanks! I was just wondering if I bought a piece of junk. How do you link another amp? Don't you need 2 sets of RCA's on the amp your linking from? I have a little 200 watt id like to hook up until i get 6x9's and run it to them.

C.Jackson
Unregistered guest
I used RCA splitters to split the signal so I could hook 3 amps up. Thats one downside to the Scosche SA3002XR's they don't have an RCA output. If your hooking up two amps you should only need 2 male-to-female splitters. Hook them into the back of the head unit to split the right and left (Red and black/white) and then you'll also need another RCA cable...
Probably too much detail, but I'm bored anyway :p.....

C.Jackson
Unregistered guest
Unless the head unit has 2 sets of pre-amp outputs. You might even be able to use the same RCA cable and get 2 Female-to-Male splitters and split the signal at the end of the RCA cable so you wouldn't have to re-run any RCA cables.....

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3380
Georgina, you're playing with low end stuff. If you're on a tight budget, then at least try Audiobahn's A8002T or A8000T amps. They will perform much better than Jensen and Scosche. It costs around $140.
As for your amp sutting down, you are exceeding the minimum ohm requirement of the amp. Make sure it's 4ohms, not less when bridged.
I hope you do know that Sony and Pyramid make one of the worst car audio products. Whatever they make/claim, it's all lies. If you call them to show proof, they will clearly tell you that, they have the right to change any spec at anytime. Meaning, their advertising is false.
If you want decent sound, dump Pyramid.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
yea...im not pleased with the pyramid. I bought it 2nd hand for 25 bucks because thats what the hole in th box was. My buddy might trade me for a 12 Orion though. Even if he doesn't i'll buy the Orion for 25 bucks. Then get another 10 inch Jensen.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us